SKP Esk8 100mph build

The parts have been ordered, things should be en-route soon.

One more mystery to solve…the deck. I am leaning towards another Lacroix deck, the last one I had felt phenomenally stable at 50mph, and I don’t see myself going much faster unless it’s in a controlled environment.

Would love to get some conversation going about possible things to consider for extreme speeds like this.

No plans to push the board to its limits unless an airstrip is involved, some standby paramedics and what not.

This will be 2wd btw. Probably super single

40 Likes

Really curious to see the motor/esc for this one! Napkin math shows like 20-40kw (300-600 battery amps @ 65v) needed to get to 100mph.

I bet a QS3000 or two would get you there!

4 Likes

Sounds like a swell build. I’ve learnt that Lacroix, Flux et al decks force one to go for channel trucks or Airs. Isn’t something like a Granda Plata or similar better due to RKP/TKP truck availability?

4 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

what drivetrain you got planned? 2WD super single as in two motors and all 4 spinning? Or One motor two wheel spinning?

4 Likes

Wild lol, not surprised to see you building this though, when are you selling it? :rofl:

4 Likes

This would be 2 motors, and 2 stormcores each stormcore running one motor with super single fw

11 Likes

You know me too well :crazy_face::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ohhh. I misunderstood. @JaysTCB 's two motor 4wd got in my head when I saw super single.

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

1 Like

2wd…super single…what motor u gonna use? reacher inrunners?

1 Like

Outrunners. Pics coming soon :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I think the kind of channel trucks I will be using are super stable

4 Likes

don’t forget ur parachute

4 Likes

Finality then?
Also please get leathers with this build, we like having you around

5 Likes

Yeah finality, leathers a must

3 Likes

U really trying to break a bone huh? Can’t wait to see this

The board, not your broken bone :rofl:

6 Likes

I can understand the appeal of a 4WD setup geared for way faster than ever needed (the upside is less rolling resistance), but how are you going to later resell a 2WD setup with bad gearing choice? :laughing:

Anyway, if you wanna make this build special, get a reinforced one of these:

5 Likes

I spoke to @Blasto and @Deodand regarding super single on 100D and was scared off when they told me that it was ‘buggy’…

Be careful, don’t die.

15 Likes

We better see you like this if you’re trying to hit some top speeds.

10 Likes

I think I will try single stormcore first

5 Likes

Yeah, that way at least you’re not stressed when you eat poops.

It will probably sound something like this:

2 Likes