Wanna be in the Guinness Book of world records.

Hey everyone. Your boy Banana is here :banana:, in my life has been kind of a mess now and things has not been going as planned in my life and I wanna do something great to be remembered for. I want to be in the Guinness Book Of World Records for the fastest electric skateboard ever built. Beating the top speed of 132.37 Km/hr. I currently have a Ramm deck but I’m thinking of what internals I should use, trucks and batteries. If you can give some suggestions that would be great. Some of you guys would call me crazy but it’s something I’d love to accomplish in my life before I leave this earth and be 6 feet under.

2 Likes
2 Likes

good luck with that when there is already a 100mph (161kmh) esk8 being built

fak, got ninja’d by @BigBen

Only thing this effort will yield is injuries.

There are millions of other ways to accomplish your goal. How about you make the most free throws in a row with a basketball.

Has anyone actually reached 100mph ?

I can’t sports :frowning:

If you think you can’t, then you’re correct. No matter the subject.

2 Likes

I have all the parts for a 150 mph build sitting on a shelf when it comes to the drivetrian atleast, DM me if interestsed

5 Likes

Dammit Darren when i said make a build thread i don’t mean it like that :rofl:

Guys he just needs help with parts selection for a high voltage build, like 16s~18s to be paired with whichever motors and or ESC

1 Like

What if i told you that guinness book of world records promotes themselves as a marketing agency and not an actual record keeping company. Whole rabbit hole.

8 Likes

Not that we know of

The current world record I believe is held by Raith

“Australian Raine Kent took his custom-designed electric skateboard up to a top speed of 132.37 km/h (82.25 mph).”

And the fastest speeds other racers hit are like mid 50’s.

Trust, anything 40 and above is absolutely crazy. The wind resistance, surface quality, balance, it all matters so much

5 Likes

Also, nice that you have a ramm deck, but none of our pneumatic wheels will go that fast :rofl:

This is a good point. @Darren_banana what’s the fastest you’ve gone on a skate before

To get the record now you need a rolling shield. So a shroud towed buy a pickup to block the wind ,at world record speeds wind resistance will blow you off and require much more powa.

I’m a expert at something,esk8 physics isn’t it,I pulled the above out my arse,but I believe them both to be true.
I want to do 100, but I’m not sure I want to go faster than the C note

1 Like

Need a leather suit?,been trying to give the old one away(size 46)I crashed it at 44 mph, can’t even tell. I’m 6’1” 200 lbs on a sk8 I wear a 44,on a MC a 42. There is lots of room for pads

Yours for shipping

4 Likes

You aren’t alone in this.

If you’re over 80 years old this sounds reasonable but otherwise I think you should just go to the bar or something

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4dxlp4E3QY q to cinch I say, if you practice,have legs of steel and A PHENOMENAL sk8 builder(who has fantastic attention to the smallest details you could pull it off. However if this isn’t your normal thing( does your signature look like mine?

I’m all for you getting a record et Al,however if thing are just shit lately make sure you don’t pull a sk8dad ( I think MY family probably calls this pullin a Jason/ dad )."

It sounds for me little naive, if You mean that You will buy components on market and just assembe it together You need to invest effort to design parts usefull for this speed. Or tune something from market. Personaly I will use just trucks for straight ride. No turnings, no bushings. Also it shoul be enought wide to be stable. But man, You need more investigation behind, to be clear What All You need. Good luck!

3 Likes

Name one person that broke a speed record on any vehicle.

See?
You don’t get remembered for this, this is a selfish goal to be remembered for imo. Help some people, change some lives. That is how you put a real mark on history!

8 Likes