Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

completely separate throttle then? 2 handed operation? 2 finger? finger thumb?

could be a deadman switch with the function of starting the 3rd motor

how is that different from a button that chages the amp limits aside from added weight/cost?

1 Like

right, you’re producing eddy currents in the stator and this resistance gets higher the faster you go…

1 Like

but you still need a separate throttle or switch

maybe not. @mmaner is creative, he can probably come up with a different solution.

perhaps an angle sensor that engages the 3rd motor when the board tilts beyond a certain degree?

1 Like

A remote controlled…horn.

2 Likes

10 tooth wheel pulley, lol

1 Like

Dude, twice I’ve said that the solution is increase the deadband on input so the motor only activated when you drop into the throttle.

4 Likes

I fail to see how this would offer any significantly different performance outcome than simply using a slightly higher battery current limit and retaining your existing motor current limit and motor quantity.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you, I think @deckoz explained it beautifully.

3 Likes

wdg0MXT

4 Likes

Wouldn’t the motor still kick in on flatland if you’re throttling hard?

And using a one way bearing might be a bit jerky when the motor needs to move from standstill to match whatever rpm you’re traveling at no?

More experimentation is needed to see how this should be implemented.

And at the end of the day will the extra weight and complexity of the system be worth it, all things that need testing!

2 Likes

[quote=“randomhobby, post:16, topic:2426”]
what about using quick release latches o rc car pins for mounting the battery enclosure
[/quote]

4 Likes

Weird theory: never ever wear mismatching socks. That’s how you break an ankle. :man_health_worker::grimacing:

1 Like

@mmaner ^Here we have a theoretical comparison of your dual hummie hubs @ 12S and 60a motor current limit per motor… the comparison is between 30a and 60a battery current limit per motor. Take a look at the yellow line, bottom left chart (vehicle thrust in pounds – 2 motors).

3 Likes

Zero experimentation had been done, we are discussing it to define what the best approach would be if any.

Haha yes more experimentation than 0 is needed. My concerns would be how it changes acceleration on flats and how rpm matching would work with a free rolling system.

Hopefully your testing proves useful!

1 Like

I was wondering when we’d start getting graphs.
Its not a @professor_shartsis post without them

10 Likes