Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

Dude I was thinking about same thing when bolting my enclosure recently. If I had threads sticking out I could use nylon lock and forget about tedious loctite every time I open the case.
Only real disadvantages i saw would be if you would rip off the thread, how to replace insert. How deck would look with threads sticking out and how to put on case on downhill decks with slanted corners like LY evo and similar. You pretty much have to bend the case outwards before putting it on.

2 Likes

Thats how i did my deck swap lol

1 Like

def got potential on more flat decks
no loctite and super easy to take nuts on and off

1 Like

Pouring rain is really fuckin up my groove over here.
Anyways. Hear me out. Double wide blue cags.

1 Like

Someone on Reddit posted a picture of Meepo’s winning board from the Chinese ESL competition, and pointed out the insane toe they were running. Is there a benefit to having such an extreme toe? Just feels like it’d wear out the tires insanely quickly, although maybe it helps with turning more than in a traditional car’s Ackermann steering.

4 Likes

im stupid.
can you explain what you mean by ‘insane toe’?

2 Likes

“Toe” is the difference between the angle of the wheels and the direction of the board’s travel. Both the front and rear wheels in that photo have a toe that is out (negative). That board has a huge amount of toe.

4 Likes

I have a really good idea i think. Im definitely not going to actually use it any time soon. I offer it to you all because i want a pair. Please make it happen. Adjustable baseplates exist, right? Its pretty established how those work. They change the angle of the entire truck to account for risers, etc, without using them. Ok. We all know that. But, they change both kingpin and pivot angle on one single slider. So. Lets introduce a way to do so independently. Assembly would be harder. But lets say… grub screw attached inner piece adjusts kingpin. Next layer out is a second slider that adjusts pivot cup angle, and is flush enough to . Then, you throw in a 2-3 piece hanger, and you have adjustable rake. We could have rkp and tkp and everything in between in one truck.

@Fosterqc , you get what im saying, right?

1 Like

I have been thinking about how to have many axle positions for the modular Parall truck idea, requiring a plate between the rods/bushings and the axles.

word blobs are not fun. why are you doing that?

I am very rightfully somewhat tipsy and braindead from a 2 and a half day shift. Lemme pull a jimmy neutron brain blast out my ass.

Add 2 more sliders, adjustable baseplate doesnt do enough. Im off to smoke a bowl and pet a cat, i will draw tomorrow, it has now been written.

1 Like

Feet have a mind of their own, and they can lose it.

3 Likes

controlling a dual ESC quad skate with two remotes. so essentially you have independent control over throttle and brakes of the front axle wheels and the rear ones. what does this allow for? well a lot of traction and handling experiments, and in conjunction with bindings really nifty jumps and tricks. overall it gives you twice the sensitivity for acceleration as you control one pair of wheels with each hand. has anyone done this before?

1 Like

There’s a good reason why there aren’t many tennis player dual-weilding rackets. Same reason why most of us fap using only one hand. It’s about how human brain evolved for optimal efficiency not mainly for optimal functionality. But if you are ambidextrous, then dual remote is helluva awesome.

1 Like

Amateur

1 Like

Saw this on Reddit, actually seems like a decent idea. Why not have multiple pulley rings with a single pulley, so changing gear ratios becomes a snap? Obviously it wouldn’t be 3D printed, but I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work. Could be held on by a grub screw somewhere.

6 Likes

I for sure thought about this but at the time BN had just released the 42t and 44t pulleys so seems moot to try it with the risk of it breaking and sending you down.

2 Likes

unless u r riding an awd board, chances r u can do that already, with the remaining non powered wheels having a different t count pulley, so u can swap it out when u feel like it, be it higher top speed or more torque, all u need to do is bring the correct size belt with u (or bring ur hex key, but i don’t suggest that)

if u have a single drive board, u can have up to 4 different topspeed / torque levels without changing any settings

1 Like

That’s a good idea, but wouldn’t the pulleys be exposed to damage on the freewheels? There would be no belts protecting the teeth from rock chips or whatnot.

sure they are more exposed, but i don’t think they are that easily damaged unless u r using some cheap plastic pulley, worse case would be, chipped pulley torn a belt, then u have to sit down and put on a new belt :man_shrugging:t2:

I did this a while back, but on the motor pulley

I didn’t run it for long, but don’t see why it wouldn’t work, you just need to get the tolerances tight so it won’t move, and accept that if the ordinal pulley is plastic you will probably ruin it either by just inserting or when trying to remove

But I do run 3D printed pulleys in my wheels, and while they wear down, it’s not much, lasts a long time, and if I feel it is worn too much I just print another one

1 Like