Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

Ive had this on my mind for a couple days. My current board has rkp trucls, but the back one is nearly zeroed, and mounted backwards. As the natural evolution of that ridestyle, I eventually want to make a board that is 2 pieces, attached via a metal center tube so they can rotate independently. Kind of like a ripstick, but with trucks instead of just a couple casters. I may even buy a used ripstick to prototype this, even though i never liked the things. With such a setup, one could lean their front and back foot in opposite directions, which would give you a lot more interesting control, imo. Thoughts?

Ive also been long considering motor assisted turning. My idea is pressure sensors applying more force to the motor/s on one side than the other, but i havent thought it through much further than that, and current esc’s would not support such a feature very easily. Im thinking arduino could solve that, though.

1 Like

anyone ever considered bead locks for Mountainboard wheels so you can run at lower pressure?

1 Like

Would it even matter on a tubed tire? I’d be more wary of pinch flats running at a low pressure.

2 Likes

Balloon tires for a beach board. Its my most florida idea.

1 Like
2 Likes

this kind of suspension system in our boards

or any kind of pitch-oriented suspension system

1 Like

what about epoxying countersunk bolts in the deck and then to take the enclosure on and off you just remove the nut
bolts are stronger then inserts

2 Likes

Dude I was thinking about same thing when bolting my enclosure recently. If I had threads sticking out I could use nylon lock and forget about tedious loctite every time I open the case.
Only real disadvantages i saw would be if you would rip off the thread, how to replace insert. How deck would look with threads sticking out and how to put on case on downhill decks with slanted corners like LY evo and similar. You pretty much have to bend the case outwards before putting it on.

2 Likes

Thats how i did my deck swap lol

1 Like

def got potential on more flat decks
no loctite and super easy to take nuts on and off

1 Like

Pouring rain is really fuckin up my groove over here.
Anyways. Hear me out. Double wide blue cags.

1 Like

Someone on Reddit posted a picture of Meepo’s winning board from the Chinese ESL competition, and pointed out the insane toe they were running. Is there a benefit to having such an extreme toe? Just feels like it’d wear out the tires insanely quickly, although maybe it helps with turning more than in a traditional car’s Ackermann steering.

4 Likes

im stupid.
can you explain what you mean by ‘insane toe’?

2 Likes

“Toe” is the difference between the angle of the wheels and the direction of the board’s travel. Both the front and rear wheels in that photo have a toe that is out (negative). That board has a huge amount of toe.

4 Likes

I have a really good idea i think. Im definitely not going to actually use it any time soon. I offer it to you all because i want a pair. Please make it happen. Adjustable baseplates exist, right? Its pretty established how those work. They change the angle of the entire truck to account for risers, etc, without using them. Ok. We all know that. But, they change both kingpin and pivot angle on one single slider. So. Lets introduce a way to do so independently. Assembly would be harder. But lets say… grub screw attached inner piece adjusts kingpin. Next layer out is a second slider that adjusts pivot cup angle, and is flush enough to . Then, you throw in a 2-3 piece hanger, and you have adjustable rake. We could have rkp and tkp and everything in between in one truck.

@Fosterqc , you get what im saying, right?

1 Like

I have been thinking about how to have many axle positions for the modular Parall truck idea, requiring a plate between the rods/bushings and the axles.

word blobs are not fun. why are you doing that?

I am very rightfully somewhat tipsy and braindead from a 2 and a half day shift. Lemme pull a jimmy neutron brain blast out my ass.

Add 2 more sliders, adjustable baseplate doesnt do enough. Im off to smoke a bowl and pet a cat, i will draw tomorrow, it has now been written.

1 Like

Feet have a mind of their own, and they can lose it.

3 Likes

controlling a dual ESC quad skate with two remotes. so essentially you have independent control over throttle and brakes of the front axle wheels and the rear ones. what does this allow for? well a lot of traction and handling experiments, and in conjunction with bindings really nifty jumps and tricks. overall it gives you twice the sensitivity for acceleration as you control one pair of wheels with each hand. has anyone done this before?

1 Like