I started out with a BKB tayto from 2018 Secret Santa. I rode it push with some Indy TKP’s for a while and loved it so I knew I needed some electricity in this bad boy. While I considered adapting the Indy TKP’s to attach motor mounts, I ended up getting a pair of Surf Rodz for the style points and ease of use for mounts.
~6 months later and I’m painting and fritting the deck.
Ended up looking good but had some darker and lighter variations in the paint. I think a couple more coats would have fixed this but after some time to sit it went away slightly. I kinda like it. I think I will paint the bottom a different color.
Here’s where we’re at now after my trucks got delivered.
I had asked for a “Fuck Surf Rodz” engraving but they arrived without. Instead, they gave me an extra camouflage blue and black hanger, and a raw hanger for my trouble. Oh well.
So all that’s left is some motors (thinking 6355 or 5055) and belts and pulleys. I’m unsure weather to use my ABEC11 97mm flywheels (fear wheelbite), or go for Akashas. For the latter I definitely need a thinner enclosure other than this Tupperware. Battery is a Wowgo 10s2p with Samsing 22p cells, so 20 amps. Unsure if it’s still good because last time I plugged it in the light went from green to red constantly so I might need a new one. Metroboard clearance sale will probably be my saving grace if that’s the case.