VOYAGER | Nyan Cat Flux Build | 16s + lots of amps

I didn’t have the right connector for my receiver however, plus a couple other miscellaneous things I have to wait for.

4 Likes

Next step was taking everything apart again so I can paint and frit the deck and enclosure. So far I’ve masked off the bottom and edge of the deck for paint.

Going to do all that stuff tomorrow though, there is zero light right now for painting outside, and the ground is also super wet. I’ll probably update this thread sometime tomorrow.

6 Likes

I couldn’t not paint a dick inside the enclosure.

13 Likes

Next steps are: clearcoat → unmask deck → remask edge of deck → frit the deck. Then I gotta do the design for the enclosure.

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes

Fabric is now spray tacked to the deck. Couple minor wrinklesbut doubt they will be visible after epoxy and frit.

12 Likes

Love it

5 Likes

Fuuuckkk i should have painted the top of the deck white. I forgot that the resin would darken how the fabric looks. The flux logo is qlso showing through :disappointed_relieved: im just hoping it looks brighter when it dries.

4 Likes

Last resort i guess is buying another deck and redoing this whole thing. Either that or somehow stripping off the fabric.

2 Likes

Alright motherfuckers, code red. I stripped off the fabric.

13 Likes

Im ordering another piece of fabric now. Going to paint the top of the deck today like i should have from the beginning. I think this is a better option than letting the epoxy dry and living with an ugly frit job, or having to buy a new deck when i want to redo said ugly frit job. I was able to get pretty much all the epoxy off of the deck except for a very thin amount of residue, which will just dry and be fine.

4 Likes

I feel like one of those people that renovates their bathroom over and over again and each time it looks worse :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

But yeah i think i actually saved it, no regrets pulling off the fabric. I would rather wait another week for the fabric to get here and do it right than live with a fucked up frit job. I paid too much for this board for the second option to be reality hah.

3 Likes

I love the clear frit with the odd purple piece sprinkled in. Hopefully with a white deck it’ll be brighter and more vivid.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree, there’s also some blue frit sprinkled in there but its harder to see in photos.

1 Like

Yey.
Flux.

I loved that pink on the bottom.
Are you keeping that?

2 Likes

yeah the pink on the bottom will be kept, and then the enclosure will be blue with a pink stripe down the center. I think I’m also going to have stars on the enclosure in the same style as the graphic on the top.

4 Likes

Good call yanking the fabric. Luckily it’s much easier to do that compared to removing cured frit on a deck with no fabric. Should look awesome with the white undercoat

2 Likes

Yeah for sure, it would have looked exactly the same after curing

2 Likes