VOYAGER | Nyan Cat Flux Build | 16s + lots of amps

I will reply back when I figure out how they do! I ride about 70:30 street and offroad riding, but I’m also super light so might have to try out other trucks down the line to see what I like best. I’m coming from riding DKP, RKP, and TKP trucks on eskates, so these will probably behave very differently than I’m used to.

2 Likes

if you stick some bindings on it you’ll be able carve hard enough to scrape the deck edge on the floor lol (obviously trampa design is different but should ride the same)

no fixed pivot leads to an uncontrolable ride compared to a set of channels, they are comfortable af tho

1 Like

I hope so! I carve everywhere I ride so this kinda behavior would be awesome. I haven’t ordered bindings yet for Voyager but I may order a set of MBS bindings down the line if I want more turn out of the trucks. I’m hoping the trucks will still be wide enough to be stable at speed though, testing will tell.

2 Likes

You can definitely set them up for street riding. It’s also possible to mix truck systems. Vertigo in the front and IR in the back.
On the IRs you can experiment with one reversed cone bushings, cone pointing towards the eye in the hanger. At Trampa everyone rides with bindings, even for street action. It gives you so much more control and leverage.

1 Like

Hmm, never seen anyone mixing different types of trucks on a board before, that sounds interesting. I’ll definitely have to try out bindings though when I get this thing built up.

3 Likes

This looks like it will shape up to be a really cool build… looking forward to seeing it progress. Dig the cool color scheme too!

2 Likes

This is a pretty good suggestion.
You can slap Matrix III just in the front without worrying about a gear adapter.

You see different trucks on street builds here and there.

But really…
Can’t hurt to try different things.

3 Likes

I think that might be the way to go then if I end up wanting more “turn” down the line, just because its a lot cheaper to do that also.

4 Likes

I love all the colored parts. Hopefully you pick up some blue titanium bolts from Radium as well to complete the look :smile:

4 Likes

Remember when ordering MBS to use ESK8BUILD15 which is a really nice hook from them.

1 Like

Ooh I was looking at those! Might be something I pick up in the near future :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m hyped for this build. Awesome logo and color scheme

1 Like

Thank you! I should be updating this thread soon as more parts arrive.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Following, love your thinking, should be an awesome build.

1 Like

UPDATE TIME!
Just got a shipment in from Radium Performance.
This shit is beautiful.

3 Likes

The girth on this motor :hot_face:

Huge thanks to @Tony_Stark for soldering on an LP20 connector for my charger, and of course for helping me with getting my stuff here from Austrailia.

All I need now to finish my build are my Boardnamics Geardrives, and my shipment from @Skyart. I should have all the stuff here and ready in like 2-3 weeks.

I will update you guys when the fun starts :fire:

7 Likes

Just got in the geardrives and assembled the drivetrain, might be another week or two for the rest of the parts though.

7 Likes

Deck, battery, ESC, and tires came in today.

6 Likes

I did a quick little test fit of the trucks and tires.

I also connected the motors to the ESC and battery so I could run detection, which went mostly smoothly. I also spun up the motors to full duty cycle of course, I couldn’t resist.

10 Likes