VOYAGER | Nyan Cat Flux Build | 16s + lots of amps

The dark look wasn’t so bad, kinda of looked like space with the frit. But the flux logo showing through definitely ruined it, good call to pull it. Maybe sand down the top so you don’t have to use as much paint to cover up the black?

4 Likes

I agree that it makes it look more like space but I think that kinda the cool part of his theme is how vibrant and colorful it will be and white will make it pop more I feel like since the bright colors will be brighter.

3 Likes

Me like a lot

1 Like

Now that you’ve done this, I suggest putting the fabric down with epoxy instead of spary tack.
You can mix white pigment for a basecoat or 2 b4 you use clear resin to apply fabric.

3 Likes

I 100% concur.

Don’t paint the deck and then epoxy on top. Epoxy the deck and then epoxy on top.

9 Likes

Hmm interesting, do you find that this makes the fabric more durable over time? The appeal of the spray tack was that it wasnt final so i could get out all the wrinkles amd stuff with it still being forgiving.

1 Like

Well if you epoxy over paint, you’re relying on your shit to stay on via a paint bond rather than an epoxy bond. I know where i’d put my money.

If you time it right, you have the adjustability with tacky epoxy as well.

2 Likes

With resin you can do this a bit as your applying the fabric. Getting the tack time right is the key, just enough tack to be able to pull up fabric and readjust, but not so much tack that it doesn’t adhere to the fabric.
Check out both links all posted, i use a combo of @rosco and @glyphiks techniques.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Okay, take two.

7 Likes

Ironed, spray tacked, (mostly) dewrinkled

16 Likes

I am closely following, wanna see the experiences of someone new to this

8 Likes

Godspeed

5 Likes

Holy shit it turned out so much better than the first time around. A couple small air bubbles here and there, but nothing major. Now I just gotta make sure no bugs land in it while its curing lol.

Processing: 20230417_180244.jpg…

18 Likes

Still have to do the second coat on top of the frit, but I can’t do that until this dries. Im going to start on the enclosure now in the meantime.

3 Likes

Do the second coat of epoxy while the first is still a bit tacky, for the best adhesion

8 Likes

Looking awesome, well done

2 Likes

That came out awesome.

2 Likes

Nice build. Curious where the fabric came from as I’d like to see what other interesting patterns they have.

1 Like

The fabric was ordered custom from contrado, but it wasnt too expensive i think. It was like 20 dollars or something. The shipping was crazy though because they are based in london. Like 25 dollars more to get it to me.

2 Likes