Vesc 6 unknown drv fault, requesting help from Frank [Serious]

worth a shot right?

1 Like

I’ll check when there’s daylight lol, I’m too tired to do anything hahah

Personally, I think it’s FOD screwing with the current shunt amplifiers, but I could be wrong.

wouldn’t hurt to rinse it in isopropyl alcohol would it?

1 Like

I’ll see in a few hours lol

How do I go about doing this?

Take the PCB out of the enclosure and spray the thing down with a bottle of IPA.

2 Likes

What percentage should I buy

15 Likes

Wait the IPA beer thing I actually got to do before putting the alcohol or am I stupid and IPA IS JUST ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL

2 Likes

91%.
You can always dilute it.

I would simply try to detect a motor with the two ESCs you have and then compare detection results. If the results are nearly identical, the VESC should be fine.

2 Likes

Is it by any chance a vesc6+ that was on sale as refurbished for £120 like 1 month ago?

3 Likes

Nope, I bought it for 160

1 Like

Deffinelty drown it in lagunitas first, then try motor detection while the motor is in small pool of lagunitas…ok i leave now

3 Likes

Trampa website? I got 2 6+ that shit the bed the moment i tried to ride them.
Meanwhile maker-x dual hit 500km around this week without any problems.
I sent the vescs for repair on 12 may and it’s radio silence from trampa since then :frowning:

5 Likes

Costco typically sells 99% for dirt cheap. It really doesn’t make sense to buy it from anywhere else.

2 Likes

Getting flashbacks to that thread about dunking unities in rust remover

9 Likes

Ok so when I do motor detection, nothing happens and I get bad detection recieved. This is with the “new” vesc tool @Trampa

Yeah why is the resistance so high lol. Frank, there’s no way I did anything for this to happen

1 Like

I don’t think it’s FOD, Lol, cleaned it up and this shit lol

1 Like