Vesc 6 unknown drv fault, requesting help from Frank [Serious]

the default detection current in vesc-tool is now 20amps??

or were you increasing the i value because detection was failing at lower current levels?

It automatically puts 20a lol

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be only 5a?

1 Like

for the motor sizes we use, that sounds more reasonable to me. but what do i know? :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

The working vesc detection

2 Likes

You should use the wizard, since there you can select a motor size and then the detections amps are matched to the approximate stator size.

1 Like

Dude, I’ve done that, I did the detection and the resistance is absurd.

@Trampa

Then there is a HW issue.

So what am I supposed to do now, I asked for help lol

It needs to be fixed by some one doing VESC repairs.
You could take the PCB out of the housing and inspect it visually.
Sometimes it is possible to see physical damage.

1 Like

No damage to be seen, did I void warranty lol

1 Like

You can PM me and on Monday I will forward you to customer support.

2 Likes

Check your drv chip. I am almost sure it is blown.

I had the same thing on my trampa vescs

1 Like

Nothing looks odd

DRV dsnt always physically show its done. Since your 5V rail is fine, its at least not dead. My bet are on borked DRV, coldsolder joint somewhere near it or a FET went byebye

2 Likes

Is this normal?
Looks like the trace is gone.

Wait ur right, I was in @pjotr47 thread from a while back and it should be there

Pic from his thread

This looks fine, you can see the gold plating.
Either something is wrong with the DRV or something on the voltage divider or the shunt amplifiers.
Could also be a Mosfet.

1 Like

Lol I’m with @Trampa on this one, hardware vendor cannot be held accountable for users installing untested firmware.

Its like me expecting Del to have tested my Windows pre-installed for running Ubuntu.

Can’t say it’s up to the software guys to make sure it works for all hardware when talking VESC tool then say it’s up to the hardware guys to make sure all software works LOL

8 Likes