Vesc 6 unknown drv fault, requesting help from Frank [Serious]

Yo so long story short, I built up my haha and the Vesc 6+ I got went poof for no apparent reason. All solder points on my motor are good and the wiring in the board as well. I’m using a makerx anti spark and I’m only running 50a to a single motor. I was just casually riding home from a group ride and the board threw me off at about 25mph. Motor locked up and I went flying. Motor then went to making a odd knocking noise and when I opened the board to investigate today, there where no visible signs of what’s wrong. Went to reprogram thinking I made a mistake with the Vesc settings but I didn’t. What’s up @Trampa Here’s my settings

Motor max 50a
Motor min -40
Battery max 50
Battery min -20

Battery is a 10s4p molicel p42a

There’s absolutely no way this was my fault or doing, battery was at 85% when it went poof while riding. I want a explanation because there’s no way I messed up.

2 Likes

Check the mosfets if they blew? Also, were all the phase wires fully plugged in when you opened the enclosure?

This doesn’t sound like something you did though, sounds like a faulty Vesc.

Wait can you redetect with 10a instead of 5a?

Everything was plugged in all nice, nothing loose

2 Likes

Not really sure wym lol

Ok so go to bldc detection screen to redetect using the wizard

I’m doing school work rn bahahah, Got 2 hours to turn in all the assignments I missed lol

1 Like

Lmao. Text me after using IG or somethin and I can help

2 Likes

Are you running Ack on Vesc 6?'s Didn’t even know that was possible

1 Like

Yeah the og ackmaniac 1.03

You can run ack on any vesc firmware I’m pretty sure

Try v3.102 Ack Been flawless for me

For some reason i thought it came out pre vesc 6 release, must have misremembered.

I’ve run Ack on VESC 6s… zero probs except for the HM-10 module… but that’s a known…

if @k00k from the future were here… he’d prolly say user error, but I dunno… he not here

the dinosaurs ran that version of Ack and they went extinct…

3 Likes

Id normally agree with future kook but we rode together for lime 12 miles fine. He would hit high speeds no problem and his bullet connecters were insulated…

5 Likes

@Bobby @PrinceRein can confirm I wasn’t doing anything stupid before it took a fat shit on me

3 Likes

giphy (2)

You and VESCs man…

Maybe you would have more luck with @Gamer43’s ESC lmao

6 Likes

Just had a thought. The lid for the haya is aluminum. Did maybe some part of the vesc hit or do you have something insulating it? Not sure if that could even cause a drv fault…

2 Likes

I have a little sheet of foam between the lid and the vesc

1 Like

How was the foam secured?