Vesc 6 unknown drv fault, requesting help from Frank [Serious]

Tape, no contact with the vesc at all

Kinda sounds like a shorted motor phase, did you take the motor apart and inspect the windings? Could measure the resistance of each phase and also see if it’s shorted to the stator.

2 Likes

Motor spins super nicely and all the joins are perfect, there’s absolutely no way my solder points are bad.

I reran detection with my other vesc 6 and it worked perfectly. No problem at all

1 Like

I’m not saying your solder points. What if there’s a loose wire inside of the motor that only shorts when you hit a bump or something. Like an intermittent motor problem

2 Likes

You’d have to ask @haggyboard.timo that. I’m not even using the sensors too lol

2 Likes

shhhhh not yet!

2 Likes

Why is my luck so shit with vesc’s?

2 Likes

Wait what happened last time.

1 Like

Focbox had a drv and a Maytech 100a drv popped as well. Shorted phase wires but that’s on me

1 Like

Wait, does the ESC still work or is it kaput?

The vesc turns on and the lights turn on but when u do motor detection it flashes a pink/red

Oh I see.

That’s strange. Usually the DRV blows on 12S due to transients.
How much throttle were you using when it threw you off?
Hit any bumps, even small ones? FOD could have also caused the problem.

The road was so smooth, it was such a sudden out of nowhere stop. The ride I did with @Bobby was pretty bumpy but it was way after that when I was on a newly paved bike lane. I was probably mid throttle, it was the slightest bit uphill. I thought the motor overheated but it didn’t make sense for it to overheat

1 Like

Must be a freak occurrence then.
The switching transients are bad, but I don’t think it could be THAT bad.

Do you get the ABS over current fault along with the DRV fault during detection?

If so, then possibly it’s the current shunt amplifier that’s actually borked.

Yeah right after lol

1 Like

Might be something in the current sensing stage that’s actually borked then.

hmm that battery isnt heat shrunk, any chance any of the balance tabs could be touching the lid? i know its taped and stuff

The lid has a foam like sheet attached to the underside

3 Likes

Pics please!

2 Likes