Vesc 6 unknown drv fault, requesting help from Frank [Serious]

you used phillips head screws…

8 Likes

Bruh, I don’t see the problem, if you don’t like it and can’t help me, leave lol

1 Like

lol

2more @karamdibs

Can you keep this on topic please

Need a serious tag to ward em off

2 Likes

Incase you guys are wondering, here is the vesc with the drv error. Upon startup it flashes a red light then stays blue

sounds like a current sensing problem to me.
I ran into it before on some prototype VESC derivatives where I was screwing around with the current sense amplifiers.

Problem is, I didn’t screw around with anything lol

2 Likes

Maker x came today

1 Like

Could be FOD, could be exceptionally bad luck .

The VESC 6+ can’t be used with that clone software. The clone FW doesn’t support the 6+ or any ESCs based on it’s schematics. This software should therefore not be used in combination with version 6 ESCs.
You need to use VESC-Tool latest edition. In that Ack clone are also some bugs that can send you flying. One is remote over signal resulting in safety breakeing.

2 Likes

So it might not even be broken? Why did ack work for a 15+ mile ride then?

3 Likes

Figures frank would find a loop hole to not be responsible.

14 Likes

Well dude, explain how I made it work for 15 miles??? Like u wanna help a kid out🥺

4 Likes

Hi there @KaramQ…did you try to use the motors on a functioning esc to rule out motor issues ?

5 Likes

It is further down, and yes he did. He has another VESC 6 that detects fine with the motor.

3 Likes

The 60FW had an update when the 6+ was released. This update is not present in the clone FW. The update affects the current sensing and motor detection results, especially the motor resistance accuracy.

2 Likes

So is it broken or not lol, so just download the vesc tool from the actual vesc site and I’ll be good?