Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

Guys, I wish you’ll find the ultimate upade for this board.

No more Freeboard for me: I had a very bad Freebord accident with multiple fractures on my left ankle last friday.
For the moment I don’t plan to going back ever on this machine, but how knows…

Anyway I’ll follow your progress here, it is still interest me.
Take care, and remember: even with the full protection package you can get badly injured.

2 Likes

No way man !!
How bad is it ? You caught and edge ?
J’espère que ca va… Tu en as pour combien de temps de rétablissement ?

1 Like

Nothing crazy, on the contrary.
End of battery, last turn at slow sleep ( because of people) I had to bail out and I had a bad landing (I don’t know if I landed on the ground or on the moving board).
Twisted the ankle to the max and I broke all the ankle bones + tibia.
3hrs surgery and continuous pain since (I hope I didn’t catch covid at the hospital).
I musn’t lay the foot on the ground for at least for 6 weeks.

I guess it’s the perfect time to watch the movie Misery ::

2 Likes

You get better and we can do some belly-freeboarding, but best wishes for recovery I’m sure you are strong!

Thanks.
I might be strong, but I’m gonna be 50 years old end of this year. :wink:

Keep up the good work and sorry for the off-topic.

2 Likes

wow that certainly makes you one of the older members of the forum, much respect to you my friend!

I am just waiting to get the 3D printer fired up then I can check my dimensions on the leiftech v2 parts!

1 Like

I thought I had got this off before but apparently not because it is quite stuck.
Hmm I will see if there is advice on this out there.

1 Like

Now I just need to tear this down all the way and refine the important dimensions and curves

1 Like

solving this by designing my own 3d printed bearing because buying one would be too complicated.

I don’t have any BBs so ball bearings from 608 bearings will have to do

1 Like

Apparently it just needed me to waste like a whole day then It’ll come right off

2 Likes

Super glad I tried this out tho! Impressed is the least I could say, I damn near want to stand on this thing.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Didn’t make sense to buy one when the rest of it is printed!

I should made a 5045 model motor for fun too, I still have to get the pulley models accurate but then it should look pretty damn done.

I need green filament for the PCB.

So, how did you get it?
With a press, or by beating the hell out of it?

1 Like

Slipped right out by hand after letting it sit under a led light for a day. There’s lots of grease that leaked out of the bearing I don’t know if that was causing it to get slightly stuck.

??? what lol

Like a heat one? a UV one? Surely not just a light

2 Likes

I think it might have just been too cold when I tried to tug it off the first time. let it evenly heat and it released.

1 Like

Finally made a brush height gauge.

Needs a better finger hold but it works well, an improvement from calipers.

3 Likes

Can you share the file for it? I think I need to calibrate mine. I am having some uneven torque issues.

1 Like

brushchk v2.STL (1.4 KB)

has a couple of ways you can hold it, what I like is that it is small enough to slide between the brushes without lifting it.

1 Like