Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

I was basically thinking of pouring the entire core solid, and cutting up the shaft like so:
images
not sure why I would leave one bearing intact, care to explain your thinking?

oh so you mean glue in one side with the shaft and fill it up then pop the other bearing on. That would be good because then I could check inside later to see if it was coming loose! Or glue the other bearing on.

5 Likes

@alexincorsica do you think this pulley will scrape the ground? It is the biggest I think it can be (32t htd5m)

I like the looks of that

1 Like

ok I have switched to an actual CAD file oriented file hosting platform that I can push revisions to.

YOU CAN VIEW IT IN BROWSER!!

love this program easy as heck to use too

use these checkboxes to look at it in smaller parts

5 Likes

Damn now I need a 2nd leiftech to try both the motor upgrade on stock and the wider center wheels mod…

I guess I could find a good use for the two SK3 5065 once I was done with the stock wheels and another diy electric freeboard project.

i’m afraid it will
when you tilt edge to edge, it’s an angle of, what, something like 30°. so i guess you need that much clearance…

what an amount of work though !

1 Like

Perhaps I will have to go with like 90KV motors and a tiny reduction, that would give me ultra low rolling resistance for free rolling which would be cool!

1 Like

15deg max at the moment, I wonder what the max lean it would do in reality.

Keep in mind any time the deck tilts the casters would rotate to stay flat to the ground if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I think I could get away with ~25? deg clearance

2 Likes

I changed to 12:28 tooth pulleys

oh and added 2mm to the mounts and bearing seats

hope that works

2 Likes

Hi,
really interesting topic here.
I see a lot of people has the same ideas to continue to improve the terrible Leiftech (large center wheel, and fitting new Freebord trucks) .

Here is my e-Freebord:

As you can see, no much stays from Leiftech.
New electronic and vintage Freebord deck (I love it!)
I have Alpha trucks on it, and I may fit the new 5X trucks when I’ll get them, but what I really would like to dothe most is to fit larger center wheels. (I heard it improve the ride on rough roads).

I was thinking to have original parts to be enlarged like this one:

but I couldn’t even remove this part from the bearing in the alloy square part (I guess it is press fitted?) Do you need a press to remove it?

Fo those who already have a Leiftech, it seems it would be the easiest and cheaper solution.
A couple of cut and welds on the existing ones.
Your solution looks nice but expensive, but maybe I’m wrong?

2 Likes

can you show me exactly where you get stick in the disassembly? all those parts unbolt easily for me.

what do you think of my redesign of what I’m calling the hanger?
Me and @alexincorsica are using these JMK ride wheels that are also used by Otherboard.

The whole upgrade I would get under $200-250 with motors hopefully.

1 Like

I found my wheel axle!!!

I was wondering if a motor axle would be a good place to find a 8mm keyed shaft already close to the right length and wow a TB6355 motor hit it ON THE DOT!

I am super happy with that.

I can’t find replacement shafts for a flipsky motor but I could prob contact them to buy them, or this could be an option: 83mm long vs 89mm

2 Likes

you know, that shot :

make me think that indeed, the center wheels do not tilt if the pivoting device is made well enough
2 Likes

This part is stuck on the inner bearing.

Your design seems complicate.
My idea was simple: having the original parts cut and welded back at largest position on the plate (both side of course).

I think it won’t be very expensive.
Of couse, there is still the need to figure out how to fix the wheel, we can go the same way as Nowin (e-toxx) offered to fit Freebord centerwheel on Leiftech.

2 Likes

You’ve made some nice progress, you made some great models I love it

Nice to see you here @PaleRider :wink:

1 Like

Bring it into a shop they can get that unstuck.

The goal is for my design was more than to replace the old components. But I think you did an excellent job at that on your board!

You could maybe share your 3D models with us?

@alexincorsica nice find with that video!! Glad you understand what I was talking about.

I switched to the universal motor bolt X thing for 25mm and 30mm bolt pattern motors, and added the BN idler. I realize now I could use an M4 bolt and a metal sleeve on the bolt to fit the 6mm id bearing of the idler, instead of an 80mm long m6 bolt

trying to show the wheel/motor clearance to this cross bolt/idler.

3 Likes

Accidentally put the idler on the right side

Nice!

2 Likes