Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

haha I’m just waiting egerly for the cells to get to 4.1V then it’s finally ride time again for me.

I wonder if it is worth running this on a vesc 6, I am hoping that CFOC2’s + the SK3s will work well.

ay I can say that without it match my title now

1 Like

I’d like to be able to use 10s/12s and 5065 motors with a unity or dual FocBox’s. Would be cheap and fairly fool proof.

2 Likes

My wheels spins up in the air, sometimes they are glitches which holds one motor back, happens if i hit full throttle directly, if i start with gentle throtle they spin up good in the air.

SK3 working good, i would say they run a bit cooler and have slightly better startup.

i dont use CAN , i use split PPM

1 Like

Oh wanted to let you know I have had 0 errors since I changed to your settings.

Very much interested in a video of you riding the board!

I’m hoping to borrow a friend’s gopro to film some riding.

I feel like the weakest part of the board at the moment is the crap center wheels, is that how you feel?

Oh and how is the ESC/Remote doing for ya?

1 Like

Where are these settings documented?

1 Like

Honestly, I couldn’t even say. I have yet to ride it for 2 minutes straight. I have bruises on my elbows, my knees, my fuckin hip hurts and helmet is seeing some use. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh that sounds fun

I wish I lived near you :rofl:

2 Likes

This thing is prolly gonna kill me :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’d be quite happy with a new veif

old veif will not approve tho

1 Like

These things will fuck you up big time. Learning to be light on your edges when you need to be, but also knowing when and how to throw your weight down really hard to stay on the road.

3 Likes

Speaking of fucking things up. 5 new belts on the way, yeah I paid for 2 day shipping.

Don’t try to jump tactile bumps when you don’t have spares lmao.

Oh and like my “waterproofing”?
It’s really just to keep the dirt from getting in.

3 Likes

Bearing was seized… wonder why the belt broke lol.

Honestly didn’t know there was this loose grub screw.

Ready 2 go

Me and a friend are kinda thinking about getting summerboards to rip, would be really cool.
(plus I gotta put the 5-X trucks on it)

As far as this build… I need to pony up $250 for the SK3s and then sort out how to fit a bigger battery.
Basically need to move the pack up top and add 4 cells. The VESCs could go in this top box or I’m thinking they could be in a heavy duty HDPE enclosure meant for sliding. Oh I need to get some of @shaman’s Cfocer2’s in here asap to see how they perform.

3 Likes

@mmaner out of stock :frowning:
I should have ordered before :expressionless:
They are taking backorders so that mean they will be back at some point soon at least.
2 Likes

Im thinking about selling mine, its fun but a lot of work to learn to ride well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup.

Keep at it though bro - you get a “aha!” moment and then it becomes more fun.

3 Likes

It’s pretty repetitive at first/when trying to go straight.

I thought foot fatigue was bad on the onewheel this is way worse.

My switch skills have gotten so much better! but I find it hard to not look backwards lol.

3 Likes

Hi All
I have just got a Leiftech V1 with 2 batts, waiting for my mate who picked it up to post it over to me.
Looks like a fair bit of maintenance once you get the hang of the board riding and put some hours on the board.
I’m looking forward to hearing how the new Leiftech centre wheels hold up!
May be an easier option than “nowind”s impressive solution.
Have you guys found a good supplier of drive cogs? Or is Madler.de the option?
I believe my older board will not have the D shaped shaft. I’m looking into having spares ready so I’m not stuck waiting for spares just as I get excited about the board.
I’ve already found a local supplier of belts, is my excitement showing?
Thanks for your posts, very informative.
Bobba

1 Like

So far I have only broken belts… Another one today only lasted 1/ one jump over some tactile bumps that broke the last belt. Managed to ride it most of the way home before it tore all the way off.

So definitely get spare belts cheap from vbeltguys I won’t worry about the drive fears just yet mine are holding up. Oh and get some spare bearings too.

Haven’t ordered the new drive wheels because they are $58 shipped…
I also want to do the motor upgrade at the same time so if those could come back in stock before my wheels explode that would be cool! I should probably just order the wheels first anyways.

This thing just went full poop on me :boom:

2 Likes