Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

Dude it’s time for you to get building, you’ve been designing this for a year now, I want to see you shred !

5 Likes

Ignore the screws they are mated to the hanger frame

In order to fit the larger 3in/ 76.2mm Colson in the low clearance hole position the hanger frame needs to be only 5mm or so on this bottom part. I could maybe raise the holes a little bit or change the motor mounts, but removing material here seems fine bit overbuilt ATM.

For reference the stock V2 wheel is 75mm and the JMK ride wheel is 72. SBX is still 75mm.

Now I have to design the printed adapters from hex core to JMK ride!

oh I really need the SBX wheel dimensions for like the 10th time… to facebook I go

TA-DA!!

I still has no dimensions.

Looks like my eyepowerballing shows the module is a little too tight at the moment.

right now 52mm, so 55mm should work!

yeah 55mm is good, just need this clearance taken care of.

I think this center hanger bit might need to not be symetrical and have the mounting holes offset away from the wheel.

I had a good idea

… just don’t use the closest hole with the 75mm wheels, next one out is good.

Loads of room with the 73mm JMK ride

Oh those top 4 m4 bolts should be switched to m3 or at least pan heads or something and most likely only 2 bolts.

Accounting for never being sane enough to go full speed now are we?

Nope, I’m honestly still learning and I have the duty cycle limited. Those lil motors have so little torque too any kind of hill and I’m full throttle.

1 Like

yep I pretty much cooked the shit out of the motors and I was only using a 170Wh pack…

This is why I think it is important to be able to upgrade to motors that can actually sustain a heavy load for more challenging rides.

Speaking about motors

due to the new pivot hanger center piece

That is some good shit

Last improvements I can think of at the moment

Change bolt pattern alignment

this allows more material to be taken off the motor mount and instead be taken up by a motor guard. (not ideal if you loose the motor guard and can’t print a new one)

I think a really good guard could be designed for these motor mounts!!

I think you would find a solution to the rocker height issue above.

Im not sure this is avoidable - would be fine on TB110’s or whatever but smaller wheels…

2 Likes

Do the kingpins swap? with double the bushings than normal I bet using considerably smaller shorter ones would still be a big improvement

HAHA that would sound hilarious. Not sure what the biggest good sliding wheels out there are.

Hell diy sliding wheels with the Open road’s wheel mold would be pretty cool!

Keep in mind

very worn down wheels would let the kingpin kit stuff I guess still. IDk if you can solve that one…

110mm from that line to deck btw

@Lee_Wright I have thought about it a bit but am not sure. Do you think the freeboard would ride fine with 0 degree trucks for the outer edges? As in this picture, also if you put an angled riser on there it would reduce rocker but improve the front impact clearance. Would be cool if you made some custom huge bushings that poked out in front of the truck to double as a bumper. Just a thought.

hmm or just building an electric freeboard on a MTB deck sounds fun…

OH… huh

The SBX caster module bolts together it is not one solid part like the leiftech pivot hanger, I did not know this.

Should have got an SBX.jpg

38 mm square, and 54mm diagonal center to center is the bolt pattern for the SBX pivot bearing block.

Should only need to make 4 parts. The pivot axle, the central threaded block and the two wheel and motor plates. out of metal at least. Then there are some spacers and crap that could be printed.

@NoWind do you approve? I think it is ready for a riding.

ah lol knew that number was off

This plate does not really need to be CNC by the person making the other 4 parts mentioned as it is so simple. if you wanted to waste a lot of alu you could integrate it into the center threaded part.

yeah I really do not know anything else I could touch up on this model now that I know my SBX wheel model is mostly correct.

I didn’t really do this on purpose but it works out so this fixed motor position C-C is just slightly less than on the stock leif (and SBX it uses the same belt and pulleys) mounts

nice

This is the stock belt. You can see the idler has some room to adjust. I think we have a vinner here vudae

this overhang look ok?

oh I am planning on making a printed part that will have the 3 mounting holes that are also overhanging as well as pass the power to the battery on top.

is that the sbx?

1 Like