Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

used my favorite foam to make an impression of the bolts then measured them, think the holes are about .125" by .5" apart. Not sure what size/thread the bolts are

Need someone to 3D print a pulley for these JMKride wheels. I believe a square bolt pattern will work I just need the diameter to put them.

better pic of the wheel hub.

never designed a pulley before so might need some help.

1 Like

Do you see the need to switch to HTD 5M?

I was unable to find D bore pulleys of the right spec, I’ll prob use the 3M stuff until it wears out.

2 Likes

Hey

nope i think 3M is okay, as long you use quality pulleys, i get mine from mädler…

BTW
as i set up new motors today i was surprised to see that i run with 50A Motor and 35A Brake , so i told you wrong settings a few posts above

FJI i use very old vesc4 with FW 1.14, using BLDC, startupboost 0.05 , no cutoffs , align centerwheels in same direction and give her a little hip-push, then it runs fine

looking forward to test the sk3 5055-320kv tomorrow

cheers

4 Likes

With that SK3 236KV the stock gearing seems pretty perfect on 10S

Probably going to buy these wheels to try out

2 Likes

lol this would be a good battery for this… Although I would like to go 10S, which makes more sense with the upgraded motors.

Capacity: 27.2Ah!
Physical Specifications

Length: 11

Width: 3 - slightly taller than my current too tall battery, but it would still be below the motors or can top mount.

Height: 7

Weight: 14.25 meh

Could get 20 mile range, very impressive for $140.
$35 shipping for two, $315 total.
54.4AH Leiftech would be quite extreme.

you talking about your leiftech?

Yes sir, its been here for a couple of days. Had to do some battery surgery before i could ride it. Finished that today, been raining ever since. Hopefully tomorrow I cna go try it out.

2 Likes

20200522_093700
Wonder why it was dying on me…

I cleaned it up but don’t have grease to reassemble :cry:

@mmaner make sure to ride on clean, smooth surfaces

2 Likes

Im gonna try, but I doubt it will take :slight_smile:.

1 Like

@mmaner you will need some of this stuff pretty quick I think, it’s on prime for me though.

Cool, I’ll order it today.

I have the leifboard in hand, it even works. I haven’t ridden it much, but I’m gonna take it to a friend’s neighborhood today that has really good asphalt.

2 Likes

Make sure to check all the fasteners. These two were spinning on both my modules.

Also what center wheels did yours come with? I should really order that better one they have.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know the names. I haven’t really researches this thing anymore than to see if it’s fun.

If I get the hang of it and decide it’s a keeper I’ll swap to VESCs and a build a battery with a decent charge solution. The factory charge solution is garbage.

Here’s a pic of the wheels I have.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the old crappy one that I have now.

https://summerboard.com/products/drive-wheels-axles This is the much nicer one. Good that I have the version with the D shaft.

2afd73aecacc5829628ad37d36c770cc9228cf54_2_375x500_LI This tolerance mismatch is why so much shit gets up in the slip rings. I shoved a ton of grease in it for now but I think a flat rubber ring seal over it would be good.

I just finished lubing them up and putting them back together, tested and that motor still doesn’t spin up by itself but it will prob work. (do your motors spin up in the air? and do they free spin for similar amounts of time?)

I will give it a try on the old settings (and I found my CAN bus connector!!) but I might try out @NoWind’s settings. Speak of the skatan, how is the SK3’s working for you?

3 Likes

They both spin up at the same time, the front motor spins longer than the rear. I’ll likely tear it down soon and clean every piece and re-lube.

Other than the grip tape, this is almost new. At least it looks and feels like it. Hopefully I can make it last long enough to get used to it. It’s fun so far.

1 Like

lmk how many rides/ miles untill you get a big chip out the wheel lol

Yeah idk if you snowboard (I don’t) but getting used to switching between the edges was not easy. Slides are easier than going straight.

RIding it up and down hills is pretty fun

2 Likes

I’ve snow boarded once, 20 years ago. I loved it.

So far I’ve been careful to only ride good and dry streets or parking lots. I’ve not had any technical issues, but the battery has a short life.

Riding straight and then sliding is what is challenging me. I can carve fine and have even done a 360 without busting my ass, buy it’s definitely a challenge :smile:.

2 Likes

haha I’m just waiting egerly for the cells to get to 4.1V then it’s finally ride time again for me.

I wonder if it is worth running this on a vesc 6, I am hoping that CFOC2’s + the SK3s will work well.

ay I can say that without it match my title now

1 Like

I’d like to be able to use 10s/12s and 5065 motors with a unity or dual FocBox’s. Would be cheap and fairly fool proof.

2 Likes

My wheels spins up in the air, sometimes they are glitches which holds one motor back, happens if i hit full throttle directly, if i start with gentle throtle they spin up good in the air.

SK3 working good, i would say they run a bit cooler and have slightly better startup.

i dont use CAN , i use split PPM

1 Like