Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

??? what lol

Like a heat one? a UV one? Surely not just a light

2 Likes

I think it might have just been too cold when I tried to tug it off the first time. let it evenly heat and it released.

1 Like

Finally made a brush height gauge.

Needs a better finger hold but it works well, an improvement from calipers.

3 Likes

Can you share the file for it? I think I need to calibrate mine. I am having some uneven torque issues.

1 Like

brushchk v2.STL (1.4 KB)

has a couple of ways you can hold it, what I like is that it is small enough to slide between the brushes without lifting it.

1 Like

Good news. the tool seemed to help. Now the motor isnt making crazy noises anymore. But some of the brushes are in bad condition.

They have holes in them lmao… Is this even possible to fix?

4 Likes

apparently the tip is to put a solder coating on the ends of all the brushes and it will wear that away instead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PV1P1QX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1AESWW2VFKG60&psc=1

I am going to get and use this, I had some a long time ago but used or lost it.

Then the copper rings you can clean using steel wool but I have not seen a need for that yet.

@SpeedDemon have you got pitting on the copper rings as well? I am thinking I will have to replace them eventually, oh I just got a funny idea I could probably just pop them out and flip them haha…

1 Like

I didnt thick to check the copper ring. I think Ill do that tomorrow.

1 Like

Ok I finally got a decent session with this thing without motor issues. I did notice something odd tho. the board seems to cut off at 25-26v is this normal for the bms to do that? 25v seems very early. 7x2.5v=17.5v or 7x3v=21v but board always cuts off above 25v.

1 Like

I don’t have any leif electronics but you could find some answers on the FB groups.

under load your battery is dropping to that voltage and 2.5 is really low so I’d say it’s fine unless range sucks.

Also I need to change the dimensions on that tool by .2mm

KEYWORDS:

LEIFTECH V2 Brush Height
SUMMERBOARD Brush Height
SBX Brush Height

I have got the motor mount side much closer and the other side is damn near perfect. I think my first “hanger” model was fairly spot on as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

right as I and super-mega-111% confirming the dimensions I realize how I could have printed this part of the geometry alone to prototype quicker… well now I know.

as such

Nailed most of the dimensions down using the above method. Have sent the files off for production I guess, hope they can do some checking of their own to make sure they function. High hopes!

Next thing in progress in this project is buying a used summerboard wheel to get those dimensions and design my custom hanger and motor mounts for wide centers.

Possibly an entire summerboard, dead or alive

1 Like

I did not notice these files

the extra looking holes are the locations of the 4 sets of 3 brushes

oh I forgot to import the brush PCB model.

1 Like

should have started the print already

14 hours at 20%

1 Like

Warping messes it up a little it seems.

Might fit on still

1 Like

Mmmmhhhhhmmmm

What could be possible to test with this
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper

also known as copper beryllium (CuBe ), beryllium bronze and spring copper

spring copper, could have thought of that one

High Electrical Conductivity

Beryllium Copper Strip

• The electrical conductivity of beryllium copper ranges from 16 to 65% IACS, depending on alloy and temper.
  • Beryllium copper is the material of choice for high current density springs requiring low heat generation, due to the alloy’s combination of high electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, and strength.
3 Likes