variESC Tool [SRO]

I updated the wiring diagram to reflect this, thanks for finding that.

4 Likes

For the mac users, @fessyfoo has added macOS support for the latest release

12 Likes

@fessyfoo

Thanks!

4 Likes

@b264, could you enable “Issues” tab on your repo ?
I can’t run the macOS version and would like to report the log file.

3 Likes

Done​

3 Likes

I agree with this, and have been testing this for a while now. Does anyone object?

edit: this is added

6 Likes

apologies for this. was a major goof on my part. ( only worked for me. ) release is fixed now.

4 Likes

My Cheap Focer 2 0.9 isn’t automatically recognised by the tool for updating the firmware. Any idea why this is? I was able to update using the firmware from your github repo to F5.02 in the custom firmware tab. I’m using Mac OS X, but that probably doesn’t make a difference

2 Likes

Which firmware did you use?

After updating it with the custom firmware tab, it should be automatically recognized going forward for upgrades.

1 Like

VESC_default.bin from the Cheap FOCer 2 09 folder.

This is what I’m seeing now

1 Like

Does it matter which sensor port we use? I know you said which one but can that be changed? I was hoping to buy a unity with a broken sensor port for cheap

I edited the post above

5 Likes

You have to go to custom file.
Then click the download key to the right of the FW status bar once you select the FOCer firmware from your files.
I just did it with my FOCer. Downloaded it from the GitHub page and flashed it to the esc… vualá

1 Like

Is it possible?

It’s certainly possible but it’d probably take so much current and future work that it’s way cheaper to buy another ESC with a working sensor port.

And anyway, who needs sensors? HFI is the shit.

1 Like

bzzzzzzzt.

1 Like

disclaimer: some folks with mountainboards and bindings might want sensors

But a properly-tuned HFI is the shit, for real.

3 Likes

actually how does a well tuned HFI motor sound on startup from standstill?

Some of mine are really loud, like this one

(the shitty worn-out bearing clicking noise is not HFI)

But some are a lot more quiet, like the one I just tuned. I can take a video if you want

4 Likes

only do that when u have time, im bout to go to bed. but would be great to get some comparsion to know how much more i can quiet it down, even if only by a little bit