| VantaBlack | 12s8p P42A | Trampa Holy Pro | AWD | BN-AT

Nah I have prototype cells from molicel

/s

UPDATE

The @SabreDynamics 3D printed wings kept falling off, probably because I don’t know how to prep a surface for adhesives.

But what I do know is how to make stuff out of sheet metal….

These are super solid, definitely not going anywhere

Ummm what else did I do…

I got my universal heatsink installed with thermal paste, and I changed the 8in fatties for generic 9in tires that are 10x better balanced.

Oh, and the sensors work now, cannot live without that

10 Likes

You used epoxy to glue them? Some epoxies have issues adhering to PETG, best solution is using sikaflex or something like it, its a PU based glue/sealant. It handles like a silicone kindoff. @Andy87 used that and since ive recommended it to many others which had good results. There is also the 3M vhb tape option, can be bought on amazon.

Your solution looks pretty cool though well done! sheet metal master :wink:

5 Likes

Definitely no issues with your part! I know it could work, but I never say no to an excuse to bend some stainless haha

I have a version two already in the works that look a lot better

5 Likes

Sikaflex definitely works perfectly. If on hand, using some primer first, does help for some extra strength. I could basically lift the board on the wings without them getting off. Still easy to remove using a razor blade and cut between the deck and the blades.
Using epoxy or similar stiff bonds are a bad choice. Due to the flex in the deck, they will break off over time.

2 Likes

If you had seen the nightmare that was his glue-job under the grip tape, you would agree that he can not be trusted with adhesives :joy:

5 Likes

Still running baby! This is such a blast to ride, 32mph top speed on 8in is perfect for a build like this imo

3 Likes

What gauge stainless did you use?

1 Like

It’s 2.6mm thick

1 Like

Yeahhhhh fuck that

9in tires

5.5:1 straight cut

AWD

Upgrade to 12s8p p42a

9 Likes

Digging the raw pentagrams here.

3 Likes

Nice upgrades!.. What box is that? What’s cell layout, all cells standing up?

1 Like

Its a monoprice box, and yes the pack is a brick style with the cells standing up

4 Likes

It works in the snow!

4 Likes

Lol you legit need a plow on that bad boy

giphy (2)

6 Likes

I took your advice and bought some snow blower tires, plus upgraded to the new @Boardnamics channel trucks

I had to remove one of the winglets due to tire clearances as you could imagine.

12 Likes

Beast mode unlocked

1 Like

Looks super clean. Are those 10” tires?

How does she ride?

Thanks!

They are 9.5in and I have yet to ride more than 40 feet on it haha. Maybe today after work

1 Like

Okay @Shadowfax I did about a mile and a half.

Besides a a large amount of vibrations on asphalt these tires seem pretty good they don’t wobble. When riding on anything that’s not asphalt like dirt or grass or something else you don’t notice the vibrations from the knobbies.

I have the softest bushings available on the front and rear of these trucks and they feel great to me. I have to find a way to get more foot real estate on this board because right now if I don’t have a super narrow stance my feet hit the wheels.

Also I packed the gear drives with a shit ton of grease and they sound great with these tires

5 Likes