BN310 Split Angle Channel Trucks

That’s what I thought too, but no they don’t fit around the kingpin.

I discovered that they fit on the axle but they aren’t the correct width for spacing the wheels out.

1 Like

Any chance your little helper can ship the balance of my order? Riptide 93 bushings four, and the spacers for 10mm axles to space wheels off?

@KaramQ @Boardnamics get this man some bushing and spacers :kissing_heart:

Got the trucks assembled and mounted. Getting pretty stinking close to hitting that magical zone of having the axles parallel with the deck!

And this is with the stock MBS rubber riser between the BN baseplate and the deck.

Next up is to try and figure out what the heck to do for axles spacers. The provided aluminum sleeves are too long and don’t leave enough thread purchase:

The weird grooved spacer (4 are provided) are too small:

If you stack the grooved spacers, it’s almost perfect:

The stacked spacers are ~15.8mm wide. So I’m thinking that a 16mm spacer might be perfect. Anyone have some suggestions for where to buy some 12mm axle spacers?

3 Likes

that’s the size you’re looking for. Kinda costly, but they’re quality. Just picked up ~10 for my various boards that have been using stacked washers and whatnot.

3 Likes

I’m stuck in vegas airport for the next few hours lol. I’ll get to it when I’m back.

3 Likes

Kevin said that without the spacers, the wheels will carve up the cases.

1 Like

I’m mistaken; I was thinking of the gt3 wheels

Thanks for the link! I’ll give these a try.

I think imma print a bunch of spacers in MJF for myself

@Boardnamics can you tell me the size of the profile of these 2 different areas?

Is there any chance of making a hangar clamp / motor mount clamp for the larger size of the hangar?

I’ve got a special project im working on.

2 Likes

It goes from a 21mm square down to a 20mm square with 6mm radius.

2 Likes

@Boardnamics you don’t happen to make a 21mm square clamp do you?
Or any chance of one in the future?

1 Like

Best bet is to use a Matrix III clamp and make a sleeve

3 Likes

Beautiful pics @AlexB :fire:

5 Likes

How much does a BN310 weigh?

1 Like

6 Likes

Damn, not bad at all. Nice work mr @Boardnamics

3 Likes

Finally installed my set and rode it.

4 Likes

@Boardnamics

I found a slight issue with the trucks, and I also have an easy fix for it.

I was getting a wobble at 27-28mph no matter what I tried. Different duro bushings, balancing the wheels, nothing seemed to help. I had the thought that it might be coming from slop at the kingpin. I didn’t have the kingpin overtightened, but it was certainly tight enough.

I first tried tightening the nut, and it felt weird kinda like when you are destroying a thread. I took it apart

The issue was thread engagement in the nut. Only one metal thread was engaged and ~3 nylon threads. And they got stripped a bit - but they weren’t overtightened, they were rather loose especially compared to matrix iis.

Then I added 4 additional m6 washers and reassembled the truck.

With this modification, it’s now stable up to 33mph for me in a straight line, and I didn’t feel any sign of a wobble coming up. I was just too scared to push it faster in the 25-30mph wind.

3 Likes