USB-C for charging

Yes we will release kits. It will first be in our travel safe neoONE XS battery which is a 99Wh travel friendly 12S battery. We will make another version later for higher capacity.

7 Likes

the ZYPDS is just $2.50. I just ordered two. I plan to make an external 100W USB-C boost to 42V/50V 5.5x2.5 adapter to save space in the enclosure.

2 Likes

ordered some myself, for ts100 :yum:

2 Likes

any updates for this project?
I was thinking about getting this, attaching it to the charging terminals and then hooking it up to something like this: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=flush+mount+usb-c&i=electronics&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

2 Likes

I recommend the external method as I am displaying here. :slight_smile: I can make you one if you like.

I’ve been installing usbc in most of my boards for a year

I’m slowing down and concentrate on a small black box I can carry in my pocket

13 Likes

I guess the verdict is dongle life is the way to go :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey can I ask what model boost converter you’re using? The closest thing I can find is the DFRobot DFR0123, but it operates at a little lower voltage than yours does…

Would love to track the one you’re using down.

Cheers

Found it!
Thanks

Search amazon for B07Z5M89N1

2 Likes

Yeah, that looks like the same one.
I have found two to work and survive some harsh testing: the small one that you found on Amazon - it’s super tiny, but only goes to 40.5v, but it can take in as low as 5V!
And then a bigger one that needs 10V, but goes up to 60V. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264681962677

Both get hot, but though I really pushed them beyond how they’d be used, none failed.

7 Likes

Yeah. The 2 cap and 3 cap work. I get them from China for 6 bucks

I’m curious, what cells are used in it?

1 Like

jeff did a bad

5 Likes

…but still curious

1 Like

He’s not a member any more. That’s a fake account and it’s dead.

2 Likes

Airline friendly 12s4p p42a
same discussion of 99wh and under packs here
Flying with battery

2 Likes

Can I ask you the inside of you wonderful little box ?
I you have schematic and picture I would love to see them all !

1 Like

I can only guess, but I would assume there’s a USB PD consumer negotiator IC (for example STUSB4500) on the USB-C side, which is then fed to a boost converter. Then for current and voltage control he either has a MCU inside that reads the trimmer positions for the set voltage and current and then controls/biases the boost IC via the MCU to get set those values for it. The MCU could also be used to read the output voltage and current and display them on the 7-segment display.

Alternatively there could be just chinese modules inside that are doing those functions independently. The metal enclosure gives a good heatsink for cooling.

My 2 cents.

3 Likes

was just thinking this.

apparently it is possible to have more than one port.
then use this thing

2 Likes