(USA)Maytech MTO6374-190-HA Motor Group Buy *COMPLETED*

Iv’e sent the following questions over to Maytech, I’ll keep everyone updated:

9 Likes

They have responded fairly quickly:

1.) No price discount above 20 motors. I will continue to push this, but if this is the case I may limit this group buy to 20 motors. As making a larger order would only create more work for me, at zero benefit

2.) Shipping price TO ME would be about $10/motor if we get the order above 30 motors. After that Padded envlopes will be $7.50(flat rate envelopes) or $12.50 for the medium flat rate box.

3.) I asked about silicone wiring, and bullet connector size. Still waiting to hear back on that.

I’m trying to get them to offer us a discounted price on their website so we can just order dirrectly from them. Not sure If I can make this happen, but it’s what I would prefer.

All that being said, we are looking at about $100/motor landed at your front door. Give or take about $5 because, you know, shit happens.Obviously if you are buying more than 1 motor I can put them in the same box, so something like $190 for two motors shipped.

5 Likes

$10 per motor to ship to you? Wow so 40 motors cost $400 in shipping from them to you? That seems steep

$300 to ship 30 motors is what they told me.

My gf does international shipping for a living at a tech company, she says $300 for a 80-100 lb package sounds about right.

4 Likes

I suppose. International rates suck lol

FYI, only 1 person has contacted me about organizing group buys in other regions(EU) @klaus79856 has offered to take some to Germany, as he travels between US/Germany often.

Maytech is willing to split it up and ship a couple of batches to different regions. They don’t really seem interested in individual shipping of motors.

2 Likes

Personally I have no clue whats normal or not, that’s just what she tells me and I know she ships a lot of big electronic things often.

If anyone else here is more knowledgeable and wants to chime in on this, I’m all ears.

EDIT: They said $380 for 40, which is slightly lower, but not much.

It’s prob fair, I shipped a 90lb box about the size of a 40” tv across the country about a year ago and it cost me about $100. So factor in the shipping from China or wherever these are coming from

What’s the cost on the 170kv sealed ones now that a billion people are interested?

I’m not interested in a group buy for that motor. If someone else wants to organize it they can, i’ll provide any contact assistance needed.

1 Like

Dont forget to buy a big roll of bubble wrap… lol youll be padding a lot of motors. Id NOT recomend a padded envelope. Also a lot of people dont know this but usps has better priced flat rate boxes in slighlty smaller or diff shapes/sizes based on shipping zones. Ill see if i can find the forum I found it on and pm you. Or maybe ill make a sticky worthy post… hmmmmm.

1 Like

Shit if I knew yall would have got this pumped about these I would have bought 50 with my own money to sell. :joy:

1 Like

Get me my motors already

Thanks for all your efforts!
I will not be able to get enough interest here to make it worthy for Maytech to split the shipping.
So please count me out. Good luck with the groupbuy really appreciated.

1 Like

If you do choose to limit it, the people who responded first, (17 motors worth) we would still be good right?

2 Likes

Yes for sure.

2 Likes

Iv’e asked them to make an account here to talk with everyone.

1 Like

They may be interested in doing a group order with split shipping. We would just have to collect all the info in one batch, and they would send everyone paypal receipts. However, this will increase shipping costs.

They will cut about $3/motor if we can get 35 pcs.

Also, the sensors will plug into VESC directly, they have recently updated their plug.

3 Likes

Bumped to member like at Builder’s. Welcome!

1 Like

The price sound about right for every maytech group buy I’ve been apart of