[US] Small Universal Enclosures

Thermoformed enclosures also make great bucks to lay fiberglass onto.

3 Likes

Previous attempts at making kydex enclosures weren’t made using the proper manufacturing process. In fact attempts documented on here tools like an oven and heat guns were being used the last time I checked. The process we developed made the enclosure much more durable. As for our price it includes shipping and if you somehow manage to break the enclosure a free replacement. Our enclosure are meant to outlast the life of the board and be reusable if u decide to switch boards. Ill update my build log on durability of the enclosures and what not later this week.

1 Like

where? I’ve sold shit here, did not experience this.

1 Like

cool formatting, care to share that in a copypasta format?

Just open a thread and put in the category for esk8 parts marked + Used/new parts for sale, then it appears.

1 Like

but that’s what I’m saying… it doesn’t

at least not when I sold shit ~1 month ago

Regardless of price point is not something that translates to my language very well. But yeah pretty much. If it’s $70 abs enclosure vs $200 fiberglass vs let’s say $500 bulletproof one, I’d pick the bulletproof, cuz its gonna last until every other part of my daily driver is just as invincible :sunglasses:

Derail jail is dead, but just in case, you make some damned good enclosures by the look of it deaf, but these ones are too small for my needs<3

1 Like

For $500 I’ll make you a kevlar sheet enclosure. Won’t be pretty, but it’ll take a 9mm round.

1/8" kydex should take a .22 at > 20ft. 0.08" kydex should withstand most daily riding

1 Like

Not a gunshot… and it didn’t survive… but this one was tough as nails :rofl: pun intended.

6 Likes

It is metaphor, I just want indestructible stuff lmao. The one aluminum deck I have has quickly become my favorite, as it feels like it would outlast me.

It also feels like it could roll up after a crash and kill me.

@glyphiks I think the ol Nokia run it over test is pretty fair for defining indestructible for our needs xD no need to go all killhammer with it.

2 Likes

You’ve seen my “pitbull” build. Carbon fiber over kydex. Enclosure will outlast the drive train, the deck, the battery, and probably me.

I have one of the Deaf LLC small enclosures scheduled for delivery on the 30th and I really do have high hopes for it. Even at 0.08"

1 Like

I didn’t think to run it over :man_facepalming: maybe next time.

3 Likes

They’re very nice, and I like the smooth look that thermoformed kydex has. But a 10s2p isn’t enough range to be worth a new build to me right now. I’d have to empty it 3 times a day :c

1 Like

True dat. The medium and large look a bit better for range. I’m hoping to fit a 10s2p for store runs and nothing else. Definitely looking forward to see what else they produce here

1 Like

See my main board is always a short board, because it’s convenient AND what I like ride style wise. I keep a longer one, 36 inch max or I don’t enjoy it, around to have something with range, but that’s only cuz there is a lack of enclosures available to double/triple? stack on short boards,cough cough @Deaf_Tech .

2 Likes

This.

2 Likes

It was a unique case like everything I stubbornly pursue but the enclosure I’ve had @ShutterShock working on should fit a 12s3p 40t and a xenith on a 30~ inch board.
No small wheels allowed.

2 Likes

Is that on the LY R5?

Three six downhill mini. It required a custom job.

The purple deck lol

3 Likes