good enough for me :+1:

Regardless of price point?

4 Likes

Also what type of gun? Shouldnā€™t be too hard to survive a Nerf gunā€¦

1 Like

Good idea :smirk:

YES

NO

Not only does carbon block radio and conduct electricity, but itā€™s also more stiff than fiberglass which can flex slightly with the vehicle.

If you want the carbon fiber look then use black glass weave

2 Likes

Iā€™m aware of issues with ABS, but havenā€™t seen much in the way of documented issues with kydex.

Fiber-glass enclosures are almost works of art. Thermoformed enclosures are more practical and they should be less expensive. You can buy a replacement double-stack from me for $75. Try finding a double-stack fiber-glass enclosure for that much.

5 Likes

Thermoformed enclosures also make great bucks to lay fiberglass onto.

3 Likes

Previous attempts at making kydex enclosures werenā€™t made using the proper manufacturing process. In fact attempts documented on here tools like an oven and heat guns were being used the last time I checked. The process we developed made the enclosure much more durable. As for our price it includes shipping and if you somehow manage to break the enclosure a free replacement. Our enclosure are meant to outlast the life of the board and be reusable if u decide to switch boards. Ill update my build log on durability of the enclosures and what not later this week.

1 Like

where? Iā€™ve sold shit here, did not experience this.

1 Like

cool formatting, care to share that in a copypasta format?

Just open a thread and put in the category for esk8 parts marked + Used/new parts for sale, then it appears.

1 Like

but thatā€™s what Iā€™m sayingā€¦ it doesnā€™t

at least not when I sold shit ~1 month ago

Regardless of price point is not something that translates to my language very well. But yeah pretty much. If itā€™s $70 abs enclosure vs $200 fiberglass vs letā€™s say $500 bulletproof one, Iā€™d pick the bulletproof, cuz its gonna last until every other part of my daily driver is just as invincible :sunglasses:

Derail jail is dead, but just in case, you make some damned good enclosures by the look of it deaf, but these ones are too small for my needs<3

1 Like

For $500 Iā€™ll make you a kevlar sheet enclosure. Wonā€™t be pretty, but itā€™ll take a 9mm round.

1/8" kydex should take a .22 at > 20ft. 0.08" kydex should withstand most daily riding

1 Like

Not a gunshotā€¦ and it didnā€™t surviveā€¦ but this one was tough as nails :rofl: pun intended.

6 Likes

It is metaphor, I just want indestructible stuff lmao. The one aluminum deck I have has quickly become my favorite, as it feels like it would outlast me.

It also feels like it could roll up after a crash and kill me.

@glyphiks I think the ol Nokia run it over test is pretty fair for defining indestructible for our needs xD no need to go all killhammer with it.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve seen my ā€œpitbullā€ build. Carbon fiber over kydex. Enclosure will outlast the drive train, the deck, the battery, and probably me.

I have one of the Deaf LLC small enclosures scheduled for delivery on the 30th and I really do have high hopes for it. Even at 0.08"

1 Like

I didnā€™t think to run it over :man_facepalming: maybe next time.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re very nice, and I like the smooth look that thermoformed kydex has. But a 10s2p isnā€™t enough range to be worth a new build to me right now. Iā€™d have to empty it 3 times a day :c

1 Like