🔋 [US] Molicel Battery Group Buy - Order Form - Closed 3/12/21

@BenjaminF
Is Canada included in that contiguous US part? Lol

All good if you can’t ship to Canada ground.

2 Likes

What’s the insurance/shipping cost going to be like? Is it the fixed cost on their website? Or something a little different since it’s (probably lol) not gonna be a bike sized box

Molicel is the new king for battery cells, until i finish digging the tunnel to Elon’s new gigafactory for the big boi cell

8 Likes

Because the liability is huge, and the reseller market for their cells is minuscule compared to the business they do selling millions of cells a month to major battery pack manufacturers.

They really really really dont want their cells to end up in the hands of vapers who pull massivr current from them in a (sometimes) unprotected mod that they are holding up to their face. It’s a recipe for disaster, and I’m pretty sure there have been lawsuits filed against cell manufacturers from vapers who have blown themselves up.

Folks like @Battery_Mooch are doing the lords work of trying to educate vapers on safe cell use, so that the small number of dumbasses blowing themselves up and looking for someone to blame dont ruin the cell market for the rest of us :joy:

8 Likes

My shipping partner ShipBikes doesn’t do international stuff usually, so I would have to work with a different shipper. The costs would likely be way too high to be worth it.

1 Like

If you give me:

Your zip code
How many cells
What kind of cells

Then I can give you a shipping estimate. Here’s a couple estimates from the last thread:

2 Likes

Could you give me a quick estimate?

15642 (Irwin, PA)
P42A

I’m guessing it’s probably wise to aim for multiples of 100 and 25 as they are the boxes they come in right?

1 Like

So, Duck man,

Do I do a 10s5p of p26a, or a 10s4p of p42a

The space I have is more keen to have the 18650’s but I can squeeze the length if I move a charge port.

I have a feeling the 10s4p will give more range and performance. What do you think?

1 Like

Getting in the car now guys, I’ll try to get to this later tonight! Sorry :grimacing:

2 Likes

im in for at least 200 cells maybe 300-400 if I can get one more person on my build list.

2 Likes

60608 (Chicago, IL)
54 (possibly more, I haven’t decided if I should get more yet)
P42A

Also, insurance costs are these:
right? Sorry I’m running on fumes rn lol

Thank you for putting this together too :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you specific a date for putting in our cell request? I’m working out a pack request from a client

1 Like

I’ll probably make a new thread for this somewhere else, but if anyone has a used spot welder they’re willing to sell, send me a pm. Im buying batteries without a way to use them :stuck_out_tongue:

They do ship international. You have to contact them for the quote. So far for me, they haven’t been competitive out of the US. Bikeflights is the better of the two for international but still pretty costly. They also ask you if it’s an e bike.

Always run the numbers…:slightly_smiling_face:
Watt-hours (Wh) of energy = how many watts for how many hours the cell can give us.

P42A energy delivered to 3.2V, per cell
At 10A = 12.4Wh
At 20A = 10.7Wh

P26A energy delivered to 3.2V, per cell
At 10A = 7.8Wh
At 20A = 6.2Wh

Add it up…
Four P42A’s at 10A each = 49.6Wh
Five P26A’s at 10A each = 39.0Wh

Four P42A’s at 20A each = 42.8Wh
Five P26A’s at 20A each = 31.0Wh

All else being equal, the P42A configuration will run for longer and is the clear winner.

8 Likes

Hey I’ve been away for a bit. Haven’t built a battery in a while either. I was looking at some P26A’s as a replacement pack cell. This price is too good to pass.

Do you/anyone else foresee an issue if I ship the cells to my parents and they sit until summer time? Probably June/July until I can get back and build a pack. Thanks!

We live close to each other. Maybe I can lend you my malectrics or you can come by the shop on a weekend and do your welds.

3 Likes

0.0 id be over the moon if I could, but I’ve never used one before so I’d have to learn.

We’ll talk irl at the next NYCE group ride

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in, after looking at it some more, this is what I figured as well.

1 Like