🔋 [US] Molicel Battery Group Buy - Order Form - Closed 3/12/21

I’ll probably make a new thread for this somewhere else, but if anyone has a used spot welder they’re willing to sell, send me a pm. Im buying batteries without a way to use them :stuck_out_tongue:

They do ship international. You have to contact them for the quote. So far for me, they haven’t been competitive out of the US. Bikeflights is the better of the two for international but still pretty costly. They also ask you if it’s an e bike.

Always run the numbers…:slightly_smiling_face:
Watt-hours (Wh) of energy = how many watts for how many hours the cell can give us.

P42A energy delivered to 3.2V, per cell
At 10A = 12.4Wh
At 20A = 10.7Wh

P26A energy delivered to 3.2V, per cell
At 10A = 7.8Wh
At 20A = 6.2Wh

Add it up…
Four P42A’s at 10A each = 49.6Wh
Five P26A’s at 10A each = 39.0Wh

Four P42A’s at 20A each = 42.8Wh
Five P26A’s at 20A each = 31.0Wh

All else being equal, the P42A configuration will run for longer and is the clear winner.

8 Likes

Hey I’ve been away for a bit. Haven’t built a battery in a while either. I was looking at some P26A’s as a replacement pack cell. This price is too good to pass.

Do you/anyone else foresee an issue if I ship the cells to my parents and they sit until summer time? Probably June/July until I can get back and build a pack. Thanks!

We live close to each other. Maybe I can lend you my malectrics or you can come by the shop on a weekend and do your welds.

3 Likes

0.0 id be over the moon if I could, but I’ve never used one before so I’d have to learn.

We’ll talk irl at the next NYCE group ride

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in, after looking at it some more, this is what I figured as well.

1 Like

Ill get you that tomorrow when i get back to my workshop and I can measure a box.

That would certainly make my life easier, though I think I’ll probably be getting nothing but 100cell flats, since we will be ordering so many.

Ill get this tomorrow as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure where you’re seeing that. Im pretty sure insurance is $1 per $100 of coverage over $500? Something like that. I’ll have better info tomorrow.

I would like to get the cells ordered by the end of the week, but if the response is sluggish then we might need a bit more time for people to sign up so we can get over the MOQ for good prices.

Last time I asked about international battery shipping, they said no. But that was overseas, Canada may be different. Still, I think the cost will kill the deal.

I’ll defer to @Battery_Mooch to talk about calendar aging over that time period. You have to make sure the cells are at room temp and all that. I think it’s probably fine though, since the cells sit on the shelf of a warehouse for months anyway.

5 Likes

Says I should order extra to account for the “rare” chance of getting a dead cell. How rare is it? Like if I want to do a 12s8p, should I order 100 or 110?

I usually order 100 for that.

My rule of thumb is 2 extras for 50 and below, +1 extra for every additional 25 cells. That’s overkill though, I have rarely if ever needed to use my spare cells. They end up floating around the shop.

3 Likes

What is shipping 1000 cells to Oakland look like? Trying to see if its better then buying from bulk battery

4 Likes

All good with extra cells, I’ll have an excuse to get a flashlight to put them in :wink: cheers

Either way they are coming from bulkbattery :rofl:

though with an additional 1000 cells in the GB we might get down below $4.25 :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Was thinking of buying 76 42A from bulkbattery.com for $4.80/unit, would this group buy be cheaper for me? I am in San Diego

1 Like

Most likely. They are around $4.32/unit + shipping + Paypal fees which should still be slightly cheaper.

1 Like

Deciding if I want more or less cells than I initially thought. When does this close? You mentioned in the interest thread there might be a minimum order per person. Is this the case?

2 Likes

Form sent!

5 Likes

That shouldn’t be a problem as long as they are in a dry place at room temperature.

3 Likes

Would very much like to see that post, i just took the plunge with the p26a as well for the same reasons.

4 Likes