US - 0.2 x 30.5mm nickel order

I am placing an largeish order for 0.2 x 30.5mm nickel. I don’t know why this supplier makes 30.5mm but whatever… extra current, right?

Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone wanted in last minute. I’m planning on placing the order tomorrow night.

They come in 1kg rolls and will cost around $78 shipped within CONUS. I should have the nickel in about two to three weeks. A lot better than 2-4 months with steel city store…

11 Likes

Thanks for organising! I wonder how long a 1kg roll is…

3 Likes

About 18.4m in theory, probably a little longer because they have flat edges

3 Likes

@Takachi14 Yo, I don’t know how much he’d charge for forwarding to Antarctica, but here you go

2 Likes

haha thx b2 but me and joey chatted earlier and imma snag this roll from him once he gets it.

4 Likes

I am in for 2kg

5 Likes

I’ll get 1kg

1 Like

(NVM forgot I alr bought a bunch a week ago)

What size do you most commonly use 30.5 for? That’s double stack staggered 21700, right?

Would it still be possible to use with single stack and a fold over?

Yes. It’s also good for non staggered double stack 21700.

And if the fold over for a single row looks too far, you can trim some off and have an extra 10mm strip left over. Theoretically.

Very cool group buy. If I hadn’t just gotten a kg roll of this I’d be interested in buying a roll.

Cheers. :+1:

1 Like

I’m interested, I just don’t know how many batteries I’m building in the near future

I have the next two covered nickel wise already & 78 bucks is a big pill to swallow for me right now

Is this a good price? I have never bought a full kilo before haha

2 Likes

It’s probably a tad bit cheaper than AliExpress. I think it’s cheaper to me but reshipping it makes it about the same. The difference is that we will get it within weeks, not months.

2 Likes

Yeah for sure, any chance you’d have a roll to re-sell bits off of later?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m planning on it. I just asked them to double my order and they were like :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hahah

Well you’re doing a group buy now, I wouldn’t be surprised if you added more

1 Like

Order is in :+1:

3 Likes

The best they could do was $80/kg? seems pretty expensive D:

1 Like

It’s after shipping to the us and shipping from him that it’s about $80.

1 Like

Yeah it’s right round $70 a kg after fees. The fast shipping and trade assurance fees is what kills it. I gave an $8 buffer for shipping, which I hope is enough.

$35/kg raw cost
$12/kg freight to us
$4/kg domestic

:confused: