US - 0.2 x 30.5mm nickel order

I was quoted
$45/kg raw cost
$20.4/kg Fedex IP
$~5/kg Trade Assurance fees and credit card fees
$8/kg shipping domestic

I didn’t search for the cheapest supplier, I just went with one I trusted and have got nickel from before.

3 Likes

20$/kg is super high shipping cost, but its not unexpected, usually its 7.50/kg to the EU and 8.50 to the us (with the covid price hikes) but I’ve only really gotten that with 20kg+

P.S I do reccomend using Wise and bank transfer when possible, its feeless :smiley:

1 Like

What is the shipping speed? They told me I should receive it within 5 days of it shipping.

1 Like

via DHL it can be 2 days, but usually 5 days. Fedex is the worst though, they say 5 days then take 10

1 Like

Anyone have a good source for even wider strip? I think the Kweld can do .3mm nickel and would like to find up to that thick that I can cut into wide strips like this. Copper is too finicky.

3 Likes

Maybe try messaging steel city store or an alibaba seller. They might not list it but still have the ability to make it

2 Likes

Missed this (traveling) (short ass lead period group buy homey wth? :cry:) but if you have an extra roll, let me know, I’d like one.

1 Like

Don’t worry I’ll have extra :grin:

2 Likes

30lbs of nickel goodness :sunglasses:

Hope to have it in a few days

3 Likes

How many extra kg do you have?

2 Likes

Good cause I’m in imminent need now. Please put me down for one roll, just let me know what I owe you and where to send it.

1 Like

A good bit.

If you or anyone else wants some PM me.

@javand

1 Like

Woohoo cant wait to get my roll when it arrives to u.

1 Like

Looks like they didn’t get the memo when I said 1kg rolls… looks like I have some unrolling and weighing to do

4 Likes

Needs a banana for scale

2 Likes

P42A for scale not good enough for you? :rofl:

nope

2 Likes

Das alota nickel

1 Like

Hah man, it could be worse. Try having this be the case with a couple thousand pound coil of spring tempered nickel alloy steel, that was supposed to be annealed, flat ground stock uncoiled. That’s a slinky you wanna stand back from when you sucker your “buddy” into snipping the binding wires… :innocent:

1 Like