Turnigy Sk8 ESC

I guess internal CANbus is now a higher end feature of dual VESCs

Those two copper lines are not growing on trees sheesh, extension cables, those do and are free.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

You should probably just run the white wires, or the white and black wires for the CAN connection.

I’ll just continue using the connector as is; it seems to work fine now. Mostly because I don’t want to fiddle with crimping.

1 Like

He is right, you should only be bridging the canh and canl. It’s super easy to remove the extra wires.

3 Likes

You don’t need to crimp.

And I don’t know about that blob of adhesive under it, I never use that. Just gently lift up the tiny plastic finger with a safety pin or the point of a pocket knife.

3 Likes

had to do this a couple of dozen times yesterday, used a brake calliper spring. anything flat enough and thin enough to not break the plastic clip.

plus you can always just solder them on instead of crimping, it’s almost impossible for a human being to get a perfect crimp.

Oh hey; there’s a 3-wire connector and used that.

Latching switches have been known to unlatch themselves[citation needed]

I’ve been thinking of throwing a press on hold off circuit and a non latching switch together to replace the latching switch.

But then winter and depression came around and I haven’t touched my esk8 stuff in months :frowning:

Has happened to me personally.

Hit enough bumps and rough spots and you cannot predict when the perfect vibration will go through it, and unlatch it.

Latching switches are safe to use when they are implemented properly, i.e reverse. Unlatched = on, latched = off. Worst case scenario is you are unable to turn your esc off, which isnt a big deal.

4 Likes

This is what I am doing with the Solo at the moment.

2 Likes

Any way to do that on an existing AS switch? By inverting some wires maybe?

If it’s a latching switch yes should be able to.

2 Likes

If you have a 5 pin switch that has normally open and normally closed states, normally closed should allow this to work, although ideally this would be implemented esc side so if the switch breaks while on, the esc remains on.

1 Like

Thanks for the citation :slight_smile: does an anecdote count as a citation? Idk lol

You no longer need the “citation needed” tag, you now have said aforementioned citation.

Pretty sure it doesn’t, but we’re really deep in the weeds now.

1 Like

George and I are working on them.

He also straight up nom’d a 10s balance jst, with adjacent bare mains when I wasn’t looking.

I wish I had a picture. I don’t know how he didn’t get shocked. Is this what having a toddler is like?

2 Likes