Turnigy Sk8 ESC

Moment of truth tomorrow. Esc max current to be set at 25A each. This is a very, very conservative build given ancient lipo, printed motor mounts, and unproven 4.12 esc’s housed in abs.

4 Likes

Nice cad on the truck protectors!

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess they protect. They are actually the motor mounts. There is no metal holding them on axle.

Is this a bad idea? maybe. I’ll post if badness happens. I’m not hitting them with a ton of stress.

2 Likes

on sale again for $80!
Whats the verdict?
I don’t think you can beat the value for a dual vesc for low-mid builds

EDIT: nvm out of stock :cry:

2 Likes

I’d wait for the DV-4S to come back into stock.

3 Likes

or buy my unity? :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

They are manually hidden from search?

I have a dual. Just running the wizard ends up with something sketchy. I have sensorless motors and it takes a bit of kickstarting on an incline when I know the same incline is fine with a different ESC. Similarly with braking; braking actually cogs on a downhill. I could probably mitigate these by manually tweaking some settings but I can’t be bothered right now.

1 Like

I ran the Latest vesc tool wizards on two 4.12 escs connected by can.

It worked. I skated around the block with George last night. no issues.

The blue abs (ABS, right?) mine are in crumbled around the hardware mounting holes during installation. :grimacing:

Meh, 80$ for a pair, that’s okay.

The “ESC” sticker that covers the original “VESC” labeling on the blue housing is my favorite detail. :nail_care:

4 Likes

I think the most petty thing would be sticking that ESC sticker on a trampa VESC lol

2 Likes

I’ve got one of the duals in a 6s build… I can’t tell a difference from the makerx 4.12s in a different build.

1 Like