TS100 soldering iron thread

Ooh this is clever, why did I not think of this…

Also,

5 Likes

I was gonna do the same for dewalt batteries

2 Likes

I used a Dc to dc booster to power it with 24V using a lower voltage power supply, definity an improvement in power delivery.

1 Like

Do consider the possibility that you may short something when the soldering iron is being powered by what you’re soldering. I think the tip is grounded to the supply.

2 Likes

not planning to solder the battery I’m soldering with lol

4 Likes

I have been using the Ts100 for months now. At 24v (I use my ender 3 PSU at home) and it heats up rediculous quickly. The tip gets hot and stays hot and when I’m flying my race quads I can power it from all my batteries. There are heaps of tip shapes available, featuring a lot of the hako style shapes and honestly for the price it’s a no brainer.

2 Likes
11 Likes

I have the TS-80 and it’s perfection ! The best soldering tool I’ve being using ever. Very light and accurate, very easy to work with. Sexy. Does the work perfectly well ! I used to hate soldering - this one made me love it.

2 Likes

I wish there were more (bigger) tips available. Still just 3 tips for ts80, right?

The Hako’s also fit, btw. They are just a bit longer.

Ahhhh not on the ts100… The heating element is built into the tip.

1 Like

Hakko t12 tips fit, there was some kind of Louis Rossman video quite a while ago.

https://www.hakko.com/english/tip_selection/series_t12.html

2 Likes

I use hakko t12/t15 tips on it, the only issue is they are longer than the ts100 ones

1 Like

About the TS80, personally I can never get a soldering iron that uses proprietary tips

Someone with one of those should experiment and see if USB-C power delivery @ 20v gives decent performance.

In theory it should be like 45-50w with the 8 ohm tip?

1 Like

Built my 12s7p with a ts100 @24v, it was a breeze.

3 Likes

Ts100 with b2 tip @380c MR60 to 12AWG

8 Likes

What helping other gear do you use?

Not sure what you’re asking

helping hands, extraction fans etc.

1 Like