TS100 soldering iron thread

When I solder something big like 8awg wire or something near a heatsink the iron can’t output enough heat and just gives up and the screen says “no iron”. Then it returns to normal when you restart the thing

3 Likes

Your heating element is probably cracked or stress fractured. High heat can break the connection and when it cools down the connection is solid again.

3 Likes

Hmmm I’ll try a different cartridge, The one that I have is probably some sketchy china bs

3 Likes

you could also be pushing too hard on it and it’s losing contact with the springs
the cartridge holder isn’t the greatest, been looking to replace it

1 Like

ordered this kit cause I was bored lol

could technically add the electronics to a board… just carry the handle to plug in lol

1 Like

Not pressing hard at all, but the springs do seem kinda iffy

Got it in the mail today, feels really light and cheap but we’ll see how it performs

5 Likes

USB C power delivery spoof cable to 5.5x2.5. 20v to iron, works with any PD power bank or wall plug 65w and up

9 Likes

Ey wanna link me that 3D printed soldering stand? I need to get me one of those; I have that same brass holder and no stand for my TS-80.

had to sand and Dremel the thing for an eternity. and I also added a sheet of lead and 4 dots of hotglue as anti slip feet to get everything the way I wanted and now it’s a dream to use. I also got the power supply wall mounted which is nice
PLA is the pink stuff and petg for the blue.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m gonna print one out

Got a TS-80 recently, and it shits all over my previous irons. Really impressed with it overall.

5 Likes

This beats them all

9 Likes

so if someone is looking for a ts80 (or 100) what are the recommended accessories and the site to buy it off of? because it is open source there are a million brands selling the same thing.

I would like a chisel tip and a power source. I am on a 2019 mac so the usb c is my future and i am not scared of it hahaha.

I also am trying to wrap my head around that little power actually melting solder and tinning an 8AWG wire.

2 Likes

@SammyG

Skimmed through this thread…

Get TS100 bundle (that allows you to run off lipo or psu)
C4 tip for big stuff
D24 tip for small stuff

2 Likes

There a trust worthy “brand”? Or a link to a full kit?

Thank you for the info on the tips!

I don’t know if they are trustworthy, lol. I think it’s just some generic soldering iron a bunch of Chinese manufacturers make and various generic Chinese “brands” bundle and sell. Maybe think of TS100 like an AK-47, bunch of companies made them.

2 Likes

The TS80P finally has come out! Anyone who has been holding out on the TS100 and TS80 like me, this is the time to invest in a good soldering iron.

3 Likes

TS100 is the tits

It just lacks a nice stand and power supply

1 Like

“Its output power has been increased from 18W to 30W max”

Sounds nice, but man, why don’t they just jump to something much higher still? USB-C can definitely handle it…

1 Like