TS100 soldering iron thread

Might need to pick one up

1 Like

are you using flux

2 Likes

I have a vanda electronics 4.12 with no chips blown I think ONLY the PCB trace melted I think.

I also just got a hot air gun, so I would be a prime candidate.

1 Like

Can you get inside an xt60/90 to tin them with the C4?

Did FOCboxes really ship with fake XT90s?

Lol those are the infamous @Bimmer BBoxes
PCB and components identical to ESCape but assembled by @Bimmer

2 Likes

Have never heard of them, having a look now.

1 Like

Lol they no longer exist, never really did
thanks to @b264 sending me the 2 he got from the beta but never dared to power on, there are now 2 functional ones in existence. I had originally got 2 from the beta and sent back for refund which I never got lol

upon arrival
top: 5v&grnd bridge on uart, drv bridged and stm half soldered
bottom:jst pulled out by hand lol, drv and stm half soldered

Oh and f’ing solder balls all over the PCB

5 Likes

I honestly think the two functional BBoxes you have, are the only two functional BBoxes in existence.

5 Likes

I managed it on a xt90. Don’t remember if it was a squeeze or not

3 Likes

Ofcourse

1 Like

I’ll be making an adapter with one of these, the 24v out version, so I can use my board to power the soldering iron by plugging into charge port.
It’ll plug in with a barrel connector and have a lead with a barrel connector going to the ts100

10 Likes

Ooh this is clever, why did I not think of this…

Also,

5 Likes

I was gonna do the same for dewalt batteries

2 Likes

I used a Dc to dc booster to power it with 24V using a lower voltage power supply, definity an improvement in power delivery.

1 Like

Do consider the possibility that you may short something when the soldering iron is being powered by what you’re soldering. I think the tip is grounded to the supply.

2 Likes

not planning to solder the battery I’m soldering with lol

4 Likes

I have been using the Ts100 for months now. At 24v (I use my ender 3 PSU at home) and it heats up rediculous quickly. The tip gets hot and stays hot and when I’m flying my race quads I can power it from all my batteries. There are heaps of tip shapes available, featuring a lot of the hako style shapes and honestly for the price it’s a no brainer.

2 Likes
11 Likes

I have the TS-80 and it’s perfection ! The best soldering tool I’ve being using ever. Very light and accurate, very easy to work with. Sexy. Does the work perfectly well ! I used to hate soldering - this one made me love it.

2 Likes