TS100 soldering iron thread

Nice article to start with: https://oscarliang.com/ts100-soldering-iron/

1 Like

4 Likes

:raising_hand_man:
:man_facepalming:

Should have gone with Amazon… Flipsky taking 2 weeks to ship this time of year.

Just got one for Christmas today👍🏼

1 Like

Just got the TS-80 for Christmas yesterday! Can’t wait to use it on my next build!

3 Likes

Sure is nice to be loved, huh? lol
Going to be a great addition.

Google Photos

3 Likes

Little late to the party, but before New year’s!

I like it, I need a nicer cable for it though.

Update: it really does not work at 12V.

4 Likes

I was a reluctant user when my weller station died 3 years ago i bought a hakko. Loved it.was at a mates helping him assemble his CNC and was using his ts100 running off his benchtop psu. The thermals blew me away what I first thought of as a toy was dumping on my $300 hakko. Now its all I use i used mine today for 5 hours running off a 26600 pack (6S) . i have a fuck off 140watt gun when i need 8 awg to xt90 but in a pinch I can do them on the ts100

3 Likes

Got SainSmart branded ts100 today,

already have 2 of this t12 soldering iron
71l2daXxzzL.AC_SX679
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3NKCVP/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_OBjvEbTCWE3TG

6 Likes

I have this, and i’ll be honest, not loving it so far. Have it hooked up to a 24v laptop power supply, but it still seems to take ages to heat things up (eg XT90) in order to melt solder, and even then, the melted solder will not be shiny. Happens about 80% of the time as it stands

1 Like

would love to hear your opinion between the two. what tips and voltage do you plan on running the ts100 on?

1 Like

surprisingly it came with the exact tips I would want, the bc2 for smd and b2 for connectors, wires
will be on 6s, have several 3s packs for my welder

1 Like

soldered up 2 vesc6 pcbs yesterday with the bc2 tip, was great, used the included 19v

2 Likes

Hm, hoping i didnt get a lemon. Using BC2 its a bloody effort to solder XT90’s and 10AWG

lol well that’s not what it’s for

Would love for this to be user error, What do you mean? :joy:

c4 tip for that

2 Likes

Tried that aswell :smile:

D24 or larger D##

never heard of it. Have you got one?