trampa DIY build questions

People, far smarter than myself, i have some questions:
I’m looking to do a DIY build using a trampa HS11 deck, lacroix hypertrucks with 190kv jaws motors, and then a flipsky vesc6.6. Ideally, id like to do a 12s8p (or bigger if possible, i want as much range as i can get) with the samsung 40T 21700s, but finding an enclosure is proving to be difficult. the best I have found is @eBoosted’s 12s8p for the 20700s, which is the route ill happily go if necessary,. My question is, is a 21700 setup even possible as a bottom mount in at least a 12s8p? I dont want a top mount box, at least initially (i may figure out how to wire one in later…).

1 Like

i can’y answer your question, but if i was you, i’d get some @3DServisas hangers, possibly some geardrives, and it would still cost less than hypertrucks. and then with that extra money you just saved, get yourself a decent ESC, not flipshit.

6 Likes

I like belt drive, and the lacroix trucks. :man_shrugging:t2: lol

2 Likes

Kaly also makes an enclosure for the hs11. You wont be able to go 8p though. Might want to think about top mounting the battery. 8p is definitely doable on top.

oh ok! ill check them out too! Im still waiting on a reply from them on another question, so Ill ask about those too.
I REALLY REALLY dont want a box on top (just dont like the look of them personally, for daily rides) but might get something to wire in, for extra long days, or something. but we’ll see. thanks!

@SeanHacker designed some risers/gaskets for the kaly enclosure to fit more batteries in there. Not sure how big his battery is but the name of his build is “lovedick” look it up!

4 Likes

oohh! thanks!! ill try and find it!!

there’s not many builds with the name LOVEDICK
i think you’ll find it :smile:

5 Likes

holy crap. thats EXACTLY what i was looking for, and more!

2 Likes

also, yeah, it wasnt really hard to find, haha!

2 Likes

@SeanHacker I need these! Where can I find

I’m currently developing a HS11DS enclosure for 12s8p 21700, I’ll have it ready in 2 weeks or less

4 Likes

I think they’re on my thingiverse. I’ll get on fusion and download and upload for you to git in a few. Thingiverse sucks major dicks lately.

4 Likes

@eBoosted Oh, Perfect! thats the best news ive heard all week! will you be selling the battery too? becasue if so, id like to just pick both up at once. thanks!!!

1 Like

Ayyyyy! You got something in common with thingiverse lol

3 Likes

Yes, battery + enclosure + rubber gasket + bolt kit all in once

1 Like

Perfect! Cant wait!

I use @eBoosted’s DS holy/hs11 enclosure for 18650 and I have plenty clearance with even trampa trucks. I love it to death.

2 Likes

So uh. Sounds like a great build but I’ve been through 3 Flipsky 6.6+ on my trampa. Now it is just my opinion but I don’t think Flipsky can handle its self on a mountain board set up. They last around 4-6 months in my experience. I’d search for a better esc. Everything else looks great

3 Likes

I’ll disagree on that one. My trampa runs on flipshit since last year. But it’s a hit or miss so yeah find better

1 Like