First Build! | Orange is for Safety! | Trampa | Street-Wing | Unity | Flipsky | 12s8p 30Q | GridVision

Without further adieu, I present you this child, which I am extremely proud of. First ever build. Planning was imagined around a color scheme cuz Why Not!™

Parts list:

• Deck: Trampa Holy Pro 35° 17 ply
  • Tires: Kenda K909s
  • Wheels: Trampa Superstars
  • Motor mount: Trampa Helical Spur Gear Drive 10T to 58T
  • Motors: Street-Wing 6374 190kV sensored
  • ESC: Focbox Unity
  • Remote: Flipsky VX1
  • Battery: 12s8p Samsung 30Q
  • BMS: GridVision 12s
  • Enclosures: the small one is a Zest ST and the pack one is a Seahorse 300 (:roll_eyes:)
  • Headlights: Olight PL2 Pros
  • Rear light: Meilan X5

A teaser photo while I get all the other photos ready. I’m lazy. I did take it out for it’s maiden ride earlier today, have to get that footage too. I can’t believe I waited so long to do this. It was stressful but quite addicting honestly.

16 Likes

Come on man, more pictures!

7 Likes

i can see you have a nice wheel thats about it more pictures

1 Like

25 Likes

Update!

I’ve been working on improving this thing:

• Currently waiting on a Metr.Pro from @rpasichnyk so pretty stoked about that.

• Been working on a meilan rear light mount. If I can’t make it work I’m just gonna abandon that part of the project and look for something else lmfao. Using @ducktaperules ‘s riser as a base.

• Rethinking the Unity’s enclosure layout, any ideas for better mounting though?

• I am having an odd noise issue that I will show later I’ve torn apart my drives and nothing looks odd. However i do get a weird screechy sound only when turning/ carving right.

Other than that I’ve been having a blast riding and I’m glad I decided to take on this haha. I wanna build more boards now lmao.

2 Likes

Welcome to the never ending money pit that is esk8

Also this looks like an awesome first build. I wish my first go was this tidy.

4 Likes

Definitely my workspaces were not tidy at all for a good while hahaha.

Thanks a ton though!

I found some more photos I forgot I took, so I put them together, was just pack things haha.

3 Likes

Light update.

The rear light is complete. Sadly the remote function is hit or miss. Maybe at some point I could somehow wire these with the @Ricco ‘s TTL project somehow down the line considering that it kinda operates via a remote already.

Regardless, pix!

4 Likes

My Metr.Pro arrived yesterday and I got to record my first spill with this board today. :laughing:

All my fault though, not used to the new weight of the board plus the extra weight I had on me today, went over a bump I am normally used to on a road I know but that didn’t matter, lost balance and off we go to say hi to sister road.

I got obviously a little sore but since I had good protection in no scratches other than hit bruises and some sore tender sections. I couldn’t stop laughing, took some meds and then a nap. Still sore but now I know better, need to get stronger legs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Metr log (nothing out of the ordinary just thought it’s be nice to show haha):

2 Likes

Final update.

I finally have the LED strips wired. Battery>Switch>Buck converter>LED controller>strips.

com-rotate

Yeah!!

com-optimize

Also this little tidbit.

Now officially done. :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Super clean! How do you find the ride? Are these LED strips also remote operated or do you have a physical switch mounted when you say “switch”.

Really hoping my first build will be this clean, well done!

1 Like

Hey thank you!

The LED strips are Bluetooth operated, so I can turn them off from there if I wanted to. However I wanted to isolate the strips from the battery completely when not in use to be safe.

The controller I used was this:

Riding it has been a ton of fun. Already spilled once and the board is more than fine. It’s very different compared to my first board which is an Evolve CGT.

:cry:

5 Likes

I’ve updated the Electronics connections and lighting system in this. More organized, everything is now more “plug and play” if you will to allow me to work on things or replace when needed.

Anyway mostly what I want to update was lighting. Previous lights worked okay but they were weak and also using one stop across the board meant that there was going to be kinkage, eventually it stopped working all together unless I pressed firmly on the connections.

What I’ve done now is added more slack, made the strips removable with a watertight wire and also added a stress relief in the center of the strip. Also with this strip and also new controller I couldn’t do all in series, so I split off one cable into two to connect both series. Also I updated my headlights to Olights using @Kaly’s picatinny truck adapters.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Gotta say, I really don’t like having the springs on the outside position, but I gotta do what I gotta do to have this beauty of technology.

What material did you use for the DavegaX Gasket? Can you link me please!

Looks like 3d printed TPU.

1 Like

Dang I don’t have a 3D printer :tired_face:. Thank you!