Deck - (modified with @Andy87 plugs) Holy Pro @Trampa
Trucks - Vertigo @Trampa
Bull bar - @Trampa
Drive - v7.8 @IDEA
Enclosure - Trampa DS @eBoosted
Motors - 190KV 6374 @davdBanner
Controller - Unity (Enertion)
BMS - Smart Bluetooth (LLT Power)
Remote - Puck (@JJHoyt )
Batteries - 12S8P 30Q (Samsung)
Telemetry - MetrPro @rpasichnyk, iLogger @WavRX, DaveGa @janpom
(I saw some of you doing your build posts like this, I thought it was hot. So I stole the idea. Thank you. )
Stripped down the entire deck to plug the “speed holes” with @Andy87‘s file. Also made 3 to plug the holes to where my top mount used to go.
The next thing to do was the grip tape. Atm I’m unsure if I wanna ride it without straps or not. I’ll see. The first thing I did was glue some pieces of paper Using washable school glue then tape the edges to reinforce the template. Made my tape from two different colors and instead of making it simple I opted for varying widths on the stripes.
To finish off, I glued the template pieces to the back of the grip tape and then cut them. After cutting them was putting them on the deck following the numbers I placed on the template.
Got this beautiful thing from @eBoosted, arrived so fast it’s ridiculous. First things first, made some holes for the power buttons, the charging port, the motor wires and my davega and LEDs. I opted for glands since I have a ton of them. The clinko port I actually got super early on when I was starting the first build. Didn’t use it as I couldn’t find a proper place to use and and I was also unsure about it. Now that I’ve seen a lot of you use it I opted to jump on the bandwagon.
With a sticky backed double walled gasket ran it around the top of the enclosure before anything else. Placed some sticky back foam on the top of the enclosure and made a rough outline. This is for the deck side, what is going to be against the battery and electronics. Coffee for scale.
I then clamped the enclosure to the bottom of the deck so I could get the screwholes done. Started with 5mm drill bit for the screws then 7mm on the deck for the rivets with the enclosure off. I might go and add some more adhesive to the rivets for peace of mind.
The next thing up was padding up the wells for the pgtoups. Some on the bottom and some on the sides. I’m not ready to take on potting, also don’t have the space for that.
Lastly, the electronics. I printed the Unity mount that I got from @LEE. Very useful as it come with a lot of channels for wire management. JB welded some screws to it so I can attach @3DServisas unity plate. Then glued the thing to the deck. If it comes off I’ll think about mounting differently but I don’t want more holes.
Used soft Velcro to prevent the BMS from moving too much and added some foam near the LED switch to help keep it in place. Attached the Bluetooth module for it and Dual-locked it to the top of it. Next to it I did the same for @WavRX’s iLogger module.
Using the channels at the bottom of the unity mount, I routed all the wires that did not need immediate disconnection. Since the plate is removable it’s going to be okay. Make for a much cleaner top view, less chances for wires to get messed up from moving around too much. I might add some cable clips to make things a little more tidy.
First things first was to dismantle my old brick. I should’ve documented that. It wasn’t too difficult but still nerve wracking.
The next thing to do was remove the old battery sleeves. Decided I was going to go with orange to keep with the board theme. I know I won’t be able to see them but knowing about it makes me giddy lmfao.
Glued the pgroups together first using GE Sealant silicon in black. Measured the distance and cut nickel strips to length.
With some fishpaper separating each 4p, I wrapped some Kapton tape to secure everything. Look at these cute lil pre packs.
Started spot welding everything. Multiple magnets to speed up things just a bit.
Got clear battery pack shrink tubing so I could preserve the prettiness of the pcbs and also my hard labor on the resleeving of the cells. Also makes for quick troubleshooting if needed.
Before soldering everything up. I had to make some padding to prevent the groups from moving too much. A little less permanent so should make servicing easy. Had this left over foam from a different non esk8 project, so used some. Was a perfect fit.
Opted to make the battery hardwired. Originally I was going to use the modular kit from Mr. Robot but scrapped that idea because of space.
Once everything was soldered and ready to go. Was to finalize the cable management ad make sure my davega and led driver cables were routed correctly. Added a strip of sticky backed foam under those cable with some slack for flexing.
And the “motor bay” looks hot af.
And thus the battery is complete. I’m am proud of this thing.
Time to install this. Been eyeing these drives from @IDEA for a while. I thought I wanted gears, well maybe I still do but I think I want belts. I’ll use gears for a different build. I used the drive for almost a whole year! That’s actually a good feeling, now I get to try a different drive set up.
Nothing much to say about the tear down. I think I could write up a review and break down the pros and cons about the Trampa gears.
Regardless, after removing the gear drive I did a quick light tightness fit on the cross bar and the mounts. Had to fiddle with it a bit to make sure everything was aligned.
Place holder the motor with the screws to check everything…
Place the wheel pulley the correct direction, lock tight it against the hub.
Lastly, pull and tension the belt and temporarily lock it down. Slowly made my way around all the screws to get them all loctited. Put everything together and wait for the Loctite to dry.
Get on the vesc app and reset everything up, also set up this sexy ass orange stained wooded puck. Loooooooove this thing, evey single build I do from now on will have it I think.
And it’s done!!!