Trampa 12s7p, VESC6, 6374 sk8, e-toxx mini gear drive

The board as it came from Trampa

The board in it’s current status

11 Likes

Anyone else having trouble loading the first images in this thread? :confused: I think it’s because they’re hosted externally.

Give me a little time, I will fix that.

1 Like

Let me guess. You drive a big ass truck too don’t ya?

Nice build dude! Love it!

Nope, just a Skoda

1 Like

I have been missing the concave on that board so I thought I should try one of those add on solutions and see what happens.

I printed some of these pads. I was out of PETG so I figured I would try PLA and see what happens. Since they are thin, they are flexible enough so mission accomplished.

Since these would be used on a MTB with bindings I did a few modifications.
Yes I am lazy and have too many tools. Grinding them down was a lot faster than designing them again. Did you know that PLA smells like coffee on the belt grinder?

I did not want to epoxy them on the deck so I figured I would use 3M VHB tape. This thing is strong enough to do the job and I required can be taken off without leaving a mess.

Doesn’t look bad.

Did a very short test and I really, really like it. All the advantages without any of the disadvantages (reduced flex etc).

We will see how it goes long term but so far it looks very promising.

24 Likes

how could i miss the concave update on your board…

5 Likes

Because I did it this morning? :joy:

8 Likes

Where those jump shots at bro?
:muscle: :weight_lifting_man:

Great now look what you’ve started. I’m going to go break myself in half today trying to impress you.

2 Likes

:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Oh boy. Bar has been set. Weather looks good and short day at work. If I don’t post anything for a few hours it’s because I got instantly famous and definitely not that I wrecked myself.

3 Likes

Dammit Justin, I should have had a camera with me this Sunday.
I did a wicked high jump off a natural dirt ramp at the side of the road to enter a trail in front of some mountain bikers.
It was a good thing I landed it with poise and kept on riding. :rofl:

Also, new bindings

14 Likes

I’ve seen those decks land after jumping and they flexed all the way to the ground does yours do that?

Still jealous!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Air time

Landing

9 Likes

I bet you have some neighbors who think your the hob gobblin lol
Thats so dope, what stiffness did you get? Im 225lbs and those landings look like your hitting the ground. Do you think there is a way to either stiffen up the deck by a bunch and or get an air shock?
I need one of these for my next board thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

16ply.
I weigh 80kg

If I stand on 16ply, it wouldn’t flex at all, because I’m 67 kg :joy:

3 Likes
1 Like

Nice concave @taz. How is the printed pads holding? U had any issues at all? Really like the look of ur deck.