Mountainboarding Questions (Safety Gear, Riding Techniques, etc.)

Was going 46 km/h according to my GPS. Speed wobble got the best of me when I was unable to reposition my feet to stabilize

1 Like

I could definitely see how that could throw you into a wobble. If I ride road, I keep my bindings pretty loose. Quick heals to you brother. I have the same wounds flashed forward 2 weeks.

Muuuuch better

1 Like

The only one that still shows on mine is this

The others are now simple scars

1 Like

Same if you stay on a hill and slowly roll forward. Even if you push the brakes fully they will not apply. If you release the trigger and brake again when you already rolling they apply again. It’s normal, just need to get used to.

2 Likes

I got to say… the Trampa VESC6 is for sure the best VESC I ever tried.
The FOC Mode is just so smooth… even on the steepest hill I can just accelerate smoothly from a standstill and everything feels perfect.

I am kinda happy that the Focbox Unity didn’t arrive yet so I had to buy the Trampa…

3 Likes

You guys must have gotten tired of me saying it by now.
Do this mod. Makes a world of difference and is very easy.

3 Likes

Not sure if I want to do that mod to my brand new board. I mean I got the printer and the PLA but is this really so beneficial?

I might want to try it when I am back from my holiday. Or I maybe will draw a new design that fits my board better… let’s see

Yes it is.
If you don’t like it you just wasted a little grip tape.

1 Like

So what exactly is better ?

Easier to balance or make turns or is it just the “feeling” ?

More leverage when turning and less tiring on the feet.

1 Like

Ok I will simulate that using cardboard when I do my next ride and see how I like it

Had my first fall today, but with protector shorts. I’m glad, that I have only scratches.

5 Likes

Welcome to the club :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got my Hardshort today and I ordered the wrong size. Same with my helmet.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I got my new boots today.
As I have US14 it is not so easy.

flat and soft sole, looks like to be perfect for Mountainboarding.

Ordered the Dainese Hard Short E1 in XL and they fit great.
Wearing them under some Motocross or Downhill bike pants or shorts looks to be the perfect combination for the summer. :smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know what size spacers are required between bearings on MBS and/or Trampa wheels

Rockstar 2s is around 22mm. I need a battery for my caliper to be able to measure

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m gonna have to order some. I think I’ll need more than that in the inside of the wheel too, to get the wheel all the way to the outside.

Mbs fivestar uses 16mm

1 Like

Awesome. I assume the Rockstar 2s are different?