"Trail Blazer" My Trampa / MBS Hybrid ATB

So far so good. I’m using them sensored. They’re fairly cheap too for 6374.

1 Like

Using my handy dandy telemetry tool, I can easily see the results of my last ride. Range seems to be about 14 miles and top speed is around 30. 27 Wh/Mile on mixed terrain is pretty good. Insignificant regenerated 5Wh because I rarely brake with this, mostly the chains slow me right down so I just used friction to brake mostly.

Here’s the view I get. Good indoors and at night and in shade but can barely read it in direct sunlight. Getting an angled riser to fix that.

4 Likes

Nice, can’t wait to set mine (I’m finishing the enclosure)!

I made a 5° riser, I will have to test if it could be set in the other direction (I made mine for flat deck).
I could try to make it 10°/15° or even more if needed for MTB.

Also, about direct sunlight :smiley: I was thinking the same thing, is this could help you ?
(Its just a raw proto.)

Enjoy & good ride :v:

4 Likes

I’m painting my foot hooks. As a finish would clear coat or spar urethane offer better protection against wear from shoes?

Ended up using spar urethane. Will see how it holds up.

!

13 Likes

this is seriously cool, i think im gonna do a build like this next

1 Like

Some pictures from a week or two ago.
95293cda6f581a0995881211ff7c40a9fd9ec430_2_690x388
7e6c5e91004c6796c987efa8183ea04437499a14_2_281x500
Also should have my bottom mount battery soon… Was supposed to be here yesterday but either the vendor or usps fucked up the label.

EDIT: and this

6 Likes

Woah that looks awesome!

Chain drives sounds hardcore on loose dirt.

I’m considering chain drive for a MBS board conversion. Need some cheap knobby tires with sprockets.

4 Likes

Paint and urethane seems to be holding up ok. Probably should do a couple more coats of each where my shoes wear in.

5 Likes

Ah nah, nobody will see it on this place anyway. If it wears out it will do also with more layers of paint, just a bit later.

3 Likes

Have to take this baby halfway apart tomorrow to ship to SoCal. Gonna be a sad week of no emtb.

2 Likes

You could spend a straight week trying to ride it all the way there instead. Two birds one leg. Sorry if this is not ok joke.

3 Likes

Board has been put back together (after Dave helped me solder some shit, turns out flux is good) and been on a nice little ride on the beach. And I fell off the front into some sand…

New batteries rock. More range more fun.

I know it looks like a bomb but it’s not

11 Likes

More fun is always good :slight_smile: Are you planning to make an enclosure?

no

10 chars

JK one day

2 Likes

one-day-my-ln72ga

3 Likes

Tell me you have some strong velcro keeping those batteries in place. If you’re using only tape and with it hanging over the edge like that, this is a punctured cell fire waiting to happen.

1 Like

Just tape. Had the 12s4p taped for over 500 miles and no issues but yes could be safer. Maybe gonna get some straps today for a better mounting mechanism.

1 Like

Follow up on @malJohann

Have you ever thought about what can happen if the board falls over and slides on the batteries?

2 Likes

Yep. Happened once but the pack I had was low profile enough not to scrape. Different story now with the lipos. Will figure something out.

1 Like