TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

All of us are spending more time on here than at work, even the vendors :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Is this normal for DD? 34a motor current?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s normal. You can set it higher.

3 Likes

Low speed braking nonexistent…

Well I did a test in my living room and the board doesn’t stop at all.

Motor: 100a / -70

Battery: 45a / -30 each side

4 Likes

I had the same reaction, it’ll brake fine at higher speeds but not at low speeds.
Real world riding slows it down enough you can walk off the board no problem

1 Like

@Edness Yeah, definitely gotta ride it. It’s slower at very slow speeds with no weight on the board.

1 Like

@EDness and @ReliantChris you guys have to set the control mode to current instead of current no reverse with brake, this way the VESC will use power to stop instead of just using regenerative braking, keep in mind that the board will go backwards once 0 speed is reached, you can set the Max ERPM reverse to a low value so it doesn’t shoot under you, test a few values and see what works best

5 Likes

I also ride comfortably in current mode. This can happen with other DDs as well as TBDD.
@torqueboards should put this in the tips or FAQ. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I am debating between getting 60KV’s or another set of 75KV’s for a new build I’m doing.

Does anyone have both? Is the torque significantly better from a stop on the 60’s?

(P42A 10S4P)

IMO Smart reverse is your friend with DD. Any mode with “active” braking is better than current control no reverse with brake. That being said, I am on the lighter side and didn’t have an issue either way.

Agreed, I’m a heavy dude and smart reverse works well at fast and slow speeds.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the drive with cloud wheels (iWonder, Slick revolution etc) @torqueboards?

I’ve used the DD with 105D

1 Like

105D what are these?

Edit: from SR or iWonder?

2 WD? How does it perform?

I’m not sure if lower KV motors are able to take more current before getting saturated or not, but assuming they can’t, I think 60KV is too low at 10s. Motor will heat up the same anyway, since the gear ratio (1:1) isn’t changing. At 12s it could be a good choice though.

2 Likes

Cloudweel 105 mm discovery

1 Like

And that works with TB DD Abec adapter or how are they called?

105D is the newer core 105mm version, and yes 2WD. So far there is no crack after about 100km of usage, I have shit roads and tons of brick roads in HK, so its actually quite good for comfort.

1 Like

the new core version fit perfectly with the DD adapter with no play, the old core have a little bit of gap

2 Likes

i’m more interested in 120D for more can clearance…or the Onsra 115mm rubber wheels.