TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

@play2win Depends how it’s coming loose? What wheels are you using?

Tb110s

You can email us and send a vid. Hard to know what your issue is without a video.

TB110’s

@torqueboards

How to fix this loose can/bearing?
With adapter on i can do the same 360 degree with the wheel on top of the adapter it only slides around on a certain certain degree of the can rotated
It makes ticking noise while riding. Does not sound fresh got this from the start of owning them only put 300km on these drives so far cause afraid of cops also the front trucks right axle was loose while untightening nut of wheel so i used bison metal epoxy to glue that tight again

I’ve got the TB DDs as well, and had the very same issue with them out of the box. The temp sensors on Unity showed one side at 63 degree and the other at 40 degrees after a 10 mile ride. I had also burned through a high wh/mile figure which was concerning.

Turned out that on side was over tightened on the wheel nut, and a quarter turn out releived the friction this nut was causing. Wh/m returned to normal afterwards and both sides span freely again.

I also had the knocking sound from one side than many others have posted. This was fixed with a shim, again it’s been done loads on here already.

3 Likes

These videos may help:

4 Likes

What’s the top speed of the 60kv w/TB110 on 12s? Is there a way to do a calculation?

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe because you carve more to one side, putting more strain on kne of the motors?

2 Likes

Not for the temperatures, although I definitely do that. Plus the sounds have been like that since I got them, BNIB aparently :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@torqueboards I went on a push ride with my board the other day (no battery or enclosure yet :frowning: ) and one of my drives axles came loose after like a mile or two. I think it might be bent a little now, as that side now has more resistance than the other side

I’ll definitely reapply locktite on all axles, but was wondering if theres a way to get a single axle so I don’t accidentaly cause further harm by using a slightly bent axle

1 Like

@sioux612 Send us an email. We can send one out to you.

I did on the 22nd, I’d never go to the forums first :slight_smile:

While we’re at it, I migfht even order the kegel adapters and tb110 immidiately as well

2 Likes

@sioux612 Will PM you.

Do you know if your DD abec adapter would fit the new discovery cloudwheels?

Not sure tbh.

If it fits regular ABEC wheels like the 107, it’s a no-go for Discovery Clouds. If it fits clone core wheels, it will work.

They fit my 120mm cloud wheels, they are the new version too.

The tb deck doesn’t work as a drop through for them though BTW :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey guys,

Just made my first diy board rideable but am now kinda lost with the software setup. Maybe someone can give me some pointers? TBDD 75kv does spin in the right direction, when no load they spin up fine, when board is the right way but nobody standing on it, it does that jiggle which means something related to sensors i think? I’d like to be able to start from a dead stop.

Alao I read something somewhere weeks ago regarding transition rpm from sensored to sensorless, no clue what though.

Oh and im using a unity with metr pro

1 Like