TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

Change this to Control Mode: Current Hyst Reverse With Brake

Then below this speed, whatever you set it for,

Max ERPM for direction switch: 3500

you can tap brake, let go, then hold brake to engage reverse, which will completely stop you.

2 Likes

Dis isss da shyttttt… so niceeeee

2 Likes

I’m using TBDD 75kv in Current Mode with reverse speed limit. I’m happy with its braking power. :wink:
It delivers predictable braking, even on downhill slopes.

2 Likes

Thanks for that advice. Will try it. Actually this below speed I didnt change anything, it is stock setted. I just change what I was told to.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Will look into it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay so I changed that setting, and then I needed to change setting on slave VESC can status mode to CAN_STATUS_1. Skateboard is working now and brake is more powerful and now if I full stop I have reverse, which I didnt had on settings before, but still issue is when I brake when I almost stop (going 2km/h) motors get silent and they arent braking anymore. I need to stop with foot, then foot again on skateboard and then I can go forward or reverse.

Am I overreacting or is this normal? Skateboard doesnt fully stop, is this normal and you guys have same thing or is something wrong?

If you’re in “Current Hyst Reverse With Brake” mode you need to release the throttle and then brake again for it to go into reverse / fully break I guess. You could also try just regular “Current Smart Reverse”, which doesn’t require that.

I accelerate and then cruised around, when needed to brake hit brake, release then brake again, when I almost stopped (driving aroung 2km/h) brake stopped, motors went silent and still moved morward while I was holding full brake.

Try changing Battery regen: -8A to -30A

At low speeds that shouldn’t matter that much. Although it definitely is a bit low.

1 Like

Matters a ton. Bet you that’s his issue. :slight_smile:

Torqueboards, on your website is this: Recommendation - I would set this as -8A to -12A to be on the safe side. So I picked -8A to stay on safe side since I dont have any experience. I will change this to -30A as you said. I need to change this on both VESCs. I will change this and test it out tomorrow when there will be more light outside.

Direct drives I ride with -30a. Try that and let us know.

Okay, I have changed settings now on both VESCs from -8A to -30A, will test it out tomorrow.

I hope your battery survives those settings. How big of a battery have you got btw?

My setup is TBDD 90kv, Torqueboards 12S4P battery and 2x torque ESC BLDC

Personally I wouldn’t set my battery limits to more than -20A per ESC on that setup, but I guess -30A isn’t too extreme.

@NEKDO1 You’ll be fine. I’m not sure on the scientific specifics haha but you’ll be fine on -30A. I’m using like -70A Brakes and -30A Battery Regen. Try that and you should have your brakes fine just as long as everything else is setup correctly.

Another way to go on this is using reverse features to strengthen the brake. I believe it amounts to using “current no reverse” and limiting the reverse speed. This was done successfully with lesser DDs like eLofty, so should be even more effective here.

@mishrasubhransu -

Can you share your clever fix?

2 Likes

It’s actually just current mode. And limit the reverse speed in profiles. I have gotten used to low speed strong brakes so much that I even use the same on regular belt drive.

But be gentle with the throttle when you first experiment with this on the board.

2 Likes