Torqueboards customer service?

Is stock going to last more than a week or two this time??

All 72A this time correct?

3 Likes

Yeah, 72A. Yup, we have a lot available but who knows. :slight_smile: It’s been a while after all. :sob:

5 Likes

Do you do any Black Friday stuff :blush:

1 Like

You can search and find the posts from last years! Small sitewide and some specials iirc.

2 Likes

Mad respect and slight disappointment.
I have respect for any company that does not just try and sell you a new part etc.

Im disappointed Im down a motor.
Unless I learn how to fix sensors on motors,
have someone fix the sensors on my motor,
or learn to deal without sensors, yada yada yada.

Just needed to vent and see if anyone here can point me in the direction that fixes these sensor wires.
Issue:
(The motor can be hand spun while monitoring via app. This shows sensors cut outs while spinning.)
(If you leave motor in certain places it will read nothing at all, other places full data.)
(when shown data seems correct as compared to other motor.)

4 Likes

Cant use HFI?

3 Likes

The sensor also broke in one of my TB6380 motors from the new 190kv batch. The other motor is still working ok. Exactly the same issue, sensor cuts out in certain motor angles.

I’ll take the motor apart some day to see if I can find something unusual.

3 Likes

Be nice if they would replace things like that or offer a way to repair them.

1 Like

I use the Unity and its version of Vesc.
So no, and not really wanted to test that out at my speeds.

1 Like

Dude.

8 Likes

a9d503f813cc73b5ed2e3f9ee5920a9b
This about sums it up.

8 Likes

EDIT/ADDITIONAL INFO
TB has reached back out to me, they are going to help with my temp sensor issue and
have some things in the works to help prevent this. More than Epic! Very unexpected!

Maybe they just want you to stop buying from them…
Thats how I feel, when trying to get a sensor fixed.

I have decided to look elsewhere for parts due to the handling of my issue.
I still to give them credit for not trying to sell me something, but maybe thats just due to
the wanting to avoid my issue. who knows really…

Side note: I don’t sell builds, I ride them. So this is not parts I would have profited off.

4 Likes

Dexter is cool but his customer service is arguably the worst :rofl:

8 Likes

It’s rivaled only by companies that have either gone bankrupt or ones that have flown to small Islands within the Caribbean.

It’s been 59 days since this and no acknowledgment from Dexter. Even at two words a day, a small apology / statement would have been the bare minimum he could have done.

A vendor who ignores and censors issues when they come around… Sounds like a good choice :sunglasses:

Finally something we can agree on Cisco :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

If stuff sells by the boatload, why change anything? :grin:

6 Likes

@NullBlox

If the sensor wires keep failing for you that’s obviously not a good thing especially if you specifically rely on it.

This is typically a rare issue. If you don’t know the cause or fix of the issue. We will have to look into it and find a fix for it but until this issue is fixed or resolved. We wouldn’t recommend our motors for you.

4 Likes

I had a sensor fail on one of my 170kv 6380.
Id really like to spin up some of those 63100

I have left at least 2 4 star reviews on TB and haven’t seen them yet. So maybe it’s something else?

I’m happy with my TB products so far (12s4p flexy, TB 6 esc, trucks, mounts, random wires).

I’m one of those people that have been clogging up the emails with questions about out of stock parts and nit noid specific questions about bricking the new ESCs with firmware updates. Replies are slow but I get them, ymmv. But I will spend money there again, and would recommend them if asked.

Mboards tho… no. If you want an example of shady: change an item description after you report a problem with it and then charge a restocking fee…

6 Likes

dexter at least works to uphold a positive reputation, only oh so much one can do for hundreds of customers.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I’m new to esk8 and working on my first build. I followed many of the recommendations on this forum and ended up ordering over $300 in parts from @torqueboards a few weeks ago, but I was shipped the 110mm blacks instead of the arctic blues that I ordered on backorder. I hate to get upset over something small like the wrong colorway, but my build is pretty specific to the blue design I’ve got going on and I wanted these wheels for aesthetics as well as performance. And I’ve spent the last three weeks contacting both of the TB customer service addresses pretty much every other day with only one response early on that basically said “the arctic blues will be back in stock soon”. I also pm’d him yesterday and haven’t heard back yet but he’s been inactive for a while. Though it seems people have had mixed results this way too.

I don’t want to be a dick and am trying to be as polite as I can in my requests, and maybe it’s a bit early to post here and I should give them the benefit of the doubt, but it’s getting pretty frustrating that I haven’t even received an acknowledgment of my issue. Something like this should be a simple mistake that any reputable vendor should prioritize fixing, no? Is TB simply overwhelmed with orders/issues right now? Am I likely to get a response/support or should I just accept that I’m not going to be be able to return/exchange these wheels?

3 Likes