Torqueboards customer service?

Hi, Any updates on the order 26088?

thx
mk78

12 Likes

This is how I feel with a week between email responses. Is Dex the only one working at TB? I’m about to try and fix this myself…

5 Likes

Damn, what caused that DRV failure?

No clue. Got a few feet into my maiden voyage and it just gave out. Checked my connections, took apart my motor, no visible damage or shorts. These esc’s were part of the first batches months ago and I finally got around to using them only to have one pop instantly. :frowning:

1 Like

Were they new motors? Have you tried this to verify there are no phase short that could have caused it? How to hand-test a BLDC motor [SERIOUS]

If it was a phase short I woulda expected a blown directFET or two. Sounds like you got in for the Test batch with the condition to test them but didn’t, so I donno how that should be handled lol.

2 Likes

Yep tested them thoroughly, motors were lightly used but on a previous build of mine. The esc’s were part of the test batch but due to life/finances I couldn’t finish my board till recently. I did pay full price for them so id expect some sort of support. I’ll test the fets for continuity right now actually.

1 Like

4 of 6 fets are shorted… fuuuuuck me. It doesn’t make any sense, my connections are solid, motors are clean… hand test results are normal.

1 Like

Any pictures of your build and how you had it all wired? Did you have heat shrink on your phase wire connections?

1 Like

Yep, used two adheasive shrink on each wire with 3.5mm bullet connectors. I don’t have any pictures of the wires before disassembly. I pulled everything apart to check. No burn marks. I hooked the motor up to a flipshit 6.6plus I had laying around and it works just fine. Problem is the 6.6 wont fit in my haya which was the reason I went with tb6 to begin with.

This is what it looked like before I pulled the tb6 out.

Each fase had hot glue between it and the area the fase wires layed on were sanded down to make sure the wires didnt get pinched or cut.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like you know what you are doing. It’s gotta be either a random ESC failure, or an intermittent motor short. The intermittent motor shorts are the worst to find tho.

2 Likes

Just curious, but did you plug 3.5mm bullet connectors into the xt60 plugs?

7 Likes

Yes but im only pulling 60bat max, 30a per esc. The connectors make full contact and are or were in place with electronics silicon. I’ve used this many times without issue.

1 Like

While the XT60 are indeed constructed using 3.5mm bullet connectors, doing that is very high risk for loose connections and short circuits.

If one of those were to vibrate and disconnect for even a brief fraction of a second it could easily pop a DRV.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you. But its not a never situation. I plugged them in and filled the void with electronics silicon. It was very hard to pull them back out by hand so I doubt vibrations would losen them. They are also pinched in a way that doesn’t leave room for the wires to slip out.

2 Likes

Finally got the shipment number slight_smile:

Thx
mk

1 Like

Hi,

I hope you solve your issue soon. I am not an expert but what about the power switch.Is it working as it should?

thx mk

2 Likes

Yep switch works great still.

1 Like

I have two TB110 72a blue wheels that are separating from their cores that were purchased a few months ago. Sent an email with a bunch of pictures however I never got a response. Will try again after Christmas.

I had some issues with mine too; rest assured I was sent replacements. One wheel wasn’t rolling straight and the other’s core was broken on arrival