Torqueboard 6380

The stator size isn’t actually bigger, so there’s not really a performance improvement.

3 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_May

What does this have to do with the 6380 motors?

3 Likes

Are they battle hardened?

1 Like

Question mark

3 Likes
3 Likes

I took one of mine apart to milliput it and conformal coat the sensor board, it looked like the sensor board was already conformal coated and it looked pointless to add any milliput anywhere since there seemed to already be epoxy of some sort holding the sensor board and wires, inside the stator enough, and surely enough in the can to hold the magnets.

So yes, but just not as full and chonky as DIY, but plenty enough in there as @ahrav pointed out.

6 Likes

Appreciate the way more in depth analysis as opposed to my pretty sorry attempt :joy::joy:.

2 Likes

Yes thank you! One less thing I need to worry about for my build.

1 Like

So I found out that all new TB 6380’s will be 190kv instead of 170kv and will be in stock late June to early July.

3 Likes

Silly move in my opinion. Especially with high voltage stuff on the rise, requiring lower kv.

3 Likes

Yea they told me after I bought them that they ran out and would be replacing them with the 190kv models. It’s gonna mess up my gear ratio but whatever :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well. Idk man. Not everyone is crazy about 18s nor running low kv on a mountain board

I think 190kv should be ok for most :man_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Yeah I was thinking it over and with twerk boards AT tire kit 170KV doesn’t get your over 30mph? 35? Yeah 30-33 with 15-16t motor pulley

190 is fine for 10/12/13S

2 Likes

I wanted the 170kv model because now with the 190kv model I’m going to have to use a 13 tooth motor pulley to be under 35mph and I’m worrying about it skipping… this is on 8 inch tires though

1 Like

How many people are really moving to high voltage?

I think a lot will but overall a lot won’t.

and… what makes you think we’re not releasing a new motor. :rofl:

15 Likes

80mm plZzz

Fuck it 110mm motors actually

5 Likes

:thinking:

I always buy stuff at the wrong times…

2 Likes

Hey back off my motors :eyes::eyes:.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget.
@torqueboards main target is people migrating from BOOsted/evolve, mePOO and other shitty brands

“God. I remember my first diy build Was a dual kit from dexter that almost killed me but it was awesome!

Anyway. Chances are these homies will not be going to high voltage vesc
That’s just my humble opinion :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes