Tomiboieks8 Deck + enclosure designs are here!!!

man I need to throw some trucks on mine and do a flex test… how much do you weigh?

2 Likes

Yooooo! I see that ibew sticker brother!!! What local?

4 Likes

190-200lbs. It definitely feels stiff but it’s so dam long it gets a good bounce. Deflects about 50-70mm when i give it a good jump so I’ll probably get close to bottoming out going off curbs with the double stack, but im good with that.

Local 46 Seattle, wish i had a big one of the local bug. Love the Duwamish orca logo, but they only make the small stickers with it :slight_smile: snooped your profile, congrats on getting inside wire! but working utilities? Hows that work? Im getting close to my 20 year pin, remember to quit bad jobs :wink:

3 Likes

I asked for the same flex as zero_ads in the video he uploaded, what are you shooting for?

2 Likes

I bought a deck from an old yard sale @tomiboi ran. I want to say it’s 8 ply with a carbon fiber underlay. @tomiboi any chance you can confirm? this is what it looked like pre-grip, if you can remember how many plies you did

1 Like

but for reference, ideally I wanted a similar flex to what you’ve got, maaaybe a tad stiffer so I can fly at 40 with more confidence. and I’m ~210lbs

3 Likes

I feel like this flex is just right for me. Just wish my drive kit would ship but at least i can get the battery and electronics sorted now while i try to act like I’m patient. I need to finish my kids pintail first anyway, i love how carvey it is on urethane.

1 Like

Yes, that one is 8-ply with carbon-fiber and fiberglass. It should be pretty stiff… if you weigh 175. At 200 if should have some flex to it.

1 Like

The extra layer of fiberglass that I put on yours looks like it did the trick. Bouncy but not rubbery.

3 Likes

Got the Odashi up and running, it’s dubbed the DogeGT :laughing:

5 Likes

She lives! Just love how easily the @tomiboi stuff comes together. Now just to figure out the truck angles. Thing won’t turn at all right now…

Also a bit concerned about the motor cans making contact with the baseplate adjustment. I remember having this issue when I first started my Evo build and the angles had to be very specific. Hoping I don’t need new trucks.

9 Likes

Any suggestions for what truck angles to run on a tomiboi MTB? I believe it’s a 30 degree angle for each side on the deck

2 Likes

You want to make your rear drive trains kingpin at a roughly 20-30 degree angle for max stability and front like 40

1 Like

@haven now where have I seen a drivetrain that would be just about perfect for that deck? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Shameless plug

2 Likes

hey my boardnamics setup works just fine tyvm :sweat_smile:

in all seriousness I like metal gears… I beat my boards up a bit, don’t think POMs would last

3 Likes

POM for sure would not, the Oil Filled nylon in these will :smirk: this one been around for a while, 3Ds stopped making this particular GD in 2020 lol almost 3 years old? :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

But yeah all you need is the adjustable bases from BN and you should be set :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve got the adj. baseplates thankfully, just need to try the angles you suggested. Should be ok for this deck?

I’m not sure how much adjustment there is in those bases, but I think they have enough to make it rideable atleast

1 Like

@haven WATH IS THIS FORE ?
ALIEXPRES LINK ?